SB1733 passed the Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone want to hazard a guess on when she'll sign/veto it? I'm hoping she won't wait the entire time like Henry did and then veto it at the last second. And doesn't it become law if she doesn't sign or veto it, or is that just under special circumstances?

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days after transmittal (Sundays excepted), of it becomes law without signature. If transmittal occurs with less than 5 days left in the session, governor must act within 15 days of the date of session adjournment, or legislation is pocket vetoed.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent my email to the Governor. I also sent a note to Senator Sykes' wife (friend of mine), asking her to thank him for his continued advocacy and support for constitutional freedoms, especially for SB1733 and SB1760. I'm so glad that he represents my district

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
curious for those who carry under a non resident permit - would they be allowed OC under this bill if it is signed into law? I know there are quite a few on this board that do not have the oklahoma permit but do have the utah non resident, or florida non resident

I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone have an answer??

BCurry1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
curious for those who carry under a non resident permit - would they be allowed OC under this bill if it is signed into law? I know there are quite a few on this board that do not have the oklahoma permit but do have the utah non resident, or florida non resident

Yes. See the text below from the engrossed bill sent to the Governor.

RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT AUTHORITY
The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state. Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed and in plain view or fully concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.
SECTION 42. AMENDATORY 21 O.S. 2011, Section 1364, is amended to read as follows:
Section 1364.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days after transmittal (Sundays excepted), of it becomes law without signature. If transmittal occurs with less than 5 days left in the session, governor must act within 15 days of the date of session adjournment, or legislation is pocket vetoed.

For those of us that ate too many paint chips when young, would you clarify the "transmittal" part? I assume it implies the completed bill being submitted for signature by the Gov? If so, does that meen a signature is due next week (Accounting for Sen. Sykes' apparent plan for a ceremonial signing)?

A

av8r115

Judging by the teaser this morning, looks like News9 is planning to do an anti-open carry piece on Monday. You gotta wonder about the intelligence of people who just don't get that over 40 states have open carry w/out any problems and have the lowest crimes rates as well.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US Congress has the lowest ratings by voters of any - ever - in HISTORY. Yet when asked how their own reps rate invariably the voter always rate their's way higher. It's the other guys that are messed up - not ours they say.

Perfect example of that attituded below:

Clark Jolley is my Senator and I had emailed and called his office several times. He did vote in favor of SB1733 during previous versions of the bill and also voted for SB2522. I'm going to give him a break for being excused during this vote. He may have had a legitimate reason. Representative Marian Cooksey on the other hand, I can't figure out. She voted against HB2522 but voted in favor of SB1733.

This Senator was just playing politics. On votes that didn't count he could only win by voting for the bill - but when it did count he found a way to get out of it.

Coincidence that he represents Edmond? Coincidence that when it counted he wouldn't take a stand? Doubtful.

Jolly is just another political weasel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom