School me on electric smokers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only tell you about the one I have is a Masterbuilt.

I have the 40 inch (I think) and it has worked me well for the 8 years I have owned it. I got it second hand from a guy I worked with after I borrowed it for my wedding.

Plug it into electricity, put some wood chips in, and set the temperature and time. I do use an external temperature sensors since wires on the one that came with it have contact issues. That and I don't have to be able to see the screen on the smoker. I sometimes use water, sometimes don't. I have had less than amazing results, but never bad results. I have even had some AMAZING results.

My wife is looking at getting me one of the pellet smoker/grills so we can get rid of some stuff off the back porch.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
x2 for Bradley but the Mrs may fall over when she sees the price. I've got the 6 rack digital model and it's going to be around $700 then plan on spending another $50 for wood 'pucks'. Look at those. If still interested, I can likely answer your questions...with some help from crrcboatz.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one for about 10-12 years. They work.

I personally prefer a wood smoker because it gives me something to do. With electric other than having to toss some wet wood chips in a couple times they’re pretty much no-brainers.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1267.jpeg
Not-so “Masterbuilt”. Gift from in-laws, used three times, electronics failed.
Needless to say, I’m not too impressed. I didn’t care much for the results when it did work.
Steer clear, IMO……

Latest posts

Top Bottom