scope eye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup... I've got one too, but it's been so long ago, the scare is gone.

11 stitches IIRC. I think I was four, and it was my first time to ever shoot a high powered rifle (Pre-64 .243).

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even worse/ dumber/ meaner/ funny (To NCO's anyway) than scope eye-

We used to get an annual tasking to support training ROTC Advanced Camp cadets, just prior to their commissioning. A couple buddies and I were covering M1911 pistol familiarization, and we were surprised that more than a few Cadets had never touched a handgun, let alone cranky old range whore 1911s. One candidate was having trouble getting rounds on paper at 7 yd, so my buddies, being 2 of the finest NCO's the 82nd had to offer, suggested (jokingly) that the Cadet hold the pistol up close to her face to get a better sight picture.

Cut forward to her next turn up at bat, buddies had long since laughed it off, assuming she understood it was a joke- She HAD completed the morning's weapon orientation and safety class....

I was napping in the shade on a pallet of ammo and got called to the firing line for an injury. Seems that a Cadet had a big cut and bruise on her cheek and eye socket. Ended up going to surgery the next day to reassemble her orbital rim and get a cosmetic closure. Bruised her globe as well.

We all got an ass chewing, even the rest of us just for being there, but our 1SG realized that it was a joke and she was dumb enough to swallow it..

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scope eye is easily avoided with proper technique. I find it highly annoying that anyone enjoys seeing someone else get hurt. It is like watching a child touch a hot iron just so they can learn. Learn and teach proper technique or stay away from scoped rifles!

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scope eye is easily avoided with proper technique. I find it highly annoying that anyone enjoys seeing someone else get hurt. It is like watching a child touch a hot iron just so they can learn. Learn and teach proper technique or stay away from scoped rifles!

I find it very funny when people hurt themselves. infact in brings me great joy to call my friends a dumba$$ when they do something stupid that gets them hurt. If that makes be a bad guy than well I guess I am. How can you expect to learn if you stay away from scoped rifles alltogether You cant just read a book or watch a video and become a master shooter. I bet everyone who has been scope bit learned something from it.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it very funny when people hurt themselves. infact in brings me great joy to call my friends a dumba$$ when they do something stupid that gets them hurt. If that makes be a bad guy than well I guess I am. How can you expect to learn if you stay away from scoped rifles alltogether You cant just read a book or watch a video and become a master shooter. I bet everyone who has been scope bit learned something from it.

I do not mind laughing at folks who do something stupid but that is different than setting someone up to get hurt. I have taught thousands of folks to shoot without hurting themselves. I did not say stay away from scopes, but learn about eye relief and stock weld before you try to shoot a scoped rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom