scope eye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The greatest scope bite ever was not witnessed by anyone. But I did see the perfect black circular bruise about 45 minutes after impact. He looked like Petey the Dog on "The Little Rascals". And I laughed.

It took place about twenty years ago when I was a young deer slayer. I had taken a coworker under my wing and into the Kansas deer woods. We were walking across a meadow pre-dawn, heading into our stands. In the middle of this field is one small weed. While the moon lit up the meadow enough for me to see the weed next to the cattle trail we're walking, Coworker did not see it. He somehow got tangled up in it and went down. As he picks himself up off the ground and attempts to reshoulder his carry sling on that old .243, I noticed he was kicking something with his left heel on each step. I said "Coworker, what are you doing? You broke your gun!". He did too. Broke that dried out old stock right in two. Leaving a jagged pistol grip behind the trigger. Now, just so happens I was carrying my .357 revolver along with my rifle that day. I recognized this rifle malfunction as catastrophic for this morning's hunt, so I offered Coworker the use of my revolver. I knew his stand was on a narrow pass, and he should be able to cover it with my Smith. He thanked me for the loan.

Later that morning, I heard a shot. A really loud shot. It did not sound like my .357 at all. I thought, somebody else is in here illegally. It was anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour later that I saw Coworker again. Let's call him Petey. I said "Petey, what the @&$? did you do?". He said, "Oh Plissken, I saw these does and thought I could just hold my jagged, pistol gripped .243 with scope up and squeeze off."

Sometimes, you just assume people are smarter than they are, and you witness spectacular moments or the effects of those moments. Petey was great entertainment to have around. You would of laughed as well, if you would of seen his eye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom