She signed it, fellas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big open carry turnout in MidWest City on Nov 1 to thumb your nose at the Chief of Police seems like a bad idea to me. Think about how the media will play it and how the public will see it. Especially the media.

If there is a pattern of harassment, later on after some letter writing to the newspaper etc., it might be the time to consider doing it.

Last thing anyone wants or needs is bad publicity or an incident on day 1.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm FAR from being out of ammunition, but you can't "fight" somebody who simply bans you if they don't like what you post!!

Nobody can win that type of fight, and I'm not the type to surrender, so I guess I'll retreat and live to fight another day.

If you had ammunition left, you wouldn't feel the need to resort to the tired, old "you're bullying me" defense.

If the term "retreat" makes you feel better, I'm all for letting you feel better about yourself.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big open carry turnout in MidWest City on Nov 1 to thumb your nose at the Chief of Police seems like a bad idea to me. Think about how the media will play it and how the public will see it. Especially the media.

If there is a pattern of harassment, later on after some letter writing to the newspaper etc., it might be the time to consider doing it.

This is the responsible and prudent course of action.

I am pleased that this seems to be the majority opinion on this board.

Michael Brown

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Getting back on track now posing more hypotheticals, let's say your walking around downtown okc and you get stopped 4-5 times and questioned about your legality, at what point does it become harrasment of some sort?

This brings to mind when they raised the speed limit up to 60 from 55, Okc police said they were going to ticket everyone for anything over 60 mph, I'll just say I haven't gotten one...yet.

I haven't paid any attention about the lawsuits in other states of being harrassed or questioned, but if it starts happening here, I guess I will.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just sent an e-mail to Asst. Chief Porter politely asking him to use some of the time before Nov. 1st to review that policy that can balance being a little more lenient on those just exercising their rights vs. keeping the public safe. I'm sending the same thing to Sgt. Gary Knight of OKCPD. I would suggest those who agree with me POLITELY do the same. Although it would probably be interesting to see from a distance, I'm not for planning a thousand strong armed rally on the steps of city hall just yet.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting back on track now posing more hypotheticals, let's say your walking around downtown okc and you get stopped 4-5 times and questioned about your legality, at what point does it become harrasment of some sort?

This brings to mind when they raised the speed limit up to 60 from 55, Okc police said they were going to ticket everyone for anything over 60 mph, I'll just say I haven't gotten one...yet.

I haven't paid any attention about the lawsuits in other states of being harrassed or questioned, but if it starts happening here, I guess I will.

That's the thing. As someone stated in another thread, (or maybe it was this one) there's going to be a "breaking-in" period of probably a year or two where some mistakes might get made. If everyone (COPS AND CIVILIANS) keep a cool head and show a little patience and forbearance, no one will end up shot and no departments sued. Give the other guys the benefit of the doubt for a little while.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Street Rat said:

Most likely it will be more than one officer responding. It will be over the radio. Your description will be given and after that you only have maybe 1 or 2 other officers working that part of said district you are in. I want to say that on most days, will rogers(downtown district) has 10 officers on duty, spread from Rockwell to Santa fe and main to 39th roughly. They typically eat together if they are close to one another so in a restaurant you would only be confronted once.

Latest posts

Top Bottom