She signed it, fellas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, yes, by all means go out and defiantly wear those guns! If you encounter an LEO, loudly proclaim in your most condescending manner that he has no right to "hassle" you BY GOD. Tell him you will sue his pansts off (even though you support tort reform, bcause..hey..when it's you...it's OK to sue, when it's someone else they are faking or bitching about nothing)!

Yes, you will be a credit to all gun owners! We thank you!

Can you say Drama King, J.B.?

Sure you can. Now that you're a mod would you maybe put the pot stirrer away for a bit?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as it's OAS does not exceed 16" and the caliber does not exceed .45 and you can put it in a shoulder or belt hoster/scabbard one would think carrying that mare's leg would be well within the law.

I believe a stock is also a criterion but I could be incorrect as Class 3 is not my area of expertise.

Michael Brown

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I was saying that Midwest City should use the actual investigative techniques they are taught on the job to determine whether contact should be made with someone open carrying. Simply trying to blanket check EVERYONE you see open carrying is a serious waste of LEO's time and the citizen they stop. It's just a silly policy spouted out without thinking about it. Hell, they've got til NOVEMBER to come up with something better, maybe they will. But coming up with this plan on the back of a matchbook two days after it's signed will only end in the police vs. the citizenry and animosity between the two. Just saying what I was thinking out loud, I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.....

The MWC PD's plan is little more than a backdoor way to harass citizens. They can't charge an OC'r with disturbing the peace, public nuisance or any other similar type offense simply because one OC's. They know as well as we do that crimininals will not OC. The asst police chief obvioulsly doesn't care for OC and has devised a clever way to make it annoying for those that choose to do it. One wonders how many of the MWC Police Officers that will enforce his policy will continue to do so after the 100th time of stopping someone, seeing their license and telling them to move along.

I imagine the whole issue will blow over and become moot after 6 months or so.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe a stock is also a criterion but I could be incorrect as Class 3 is not my area of expertise.

Michael Brown

I've asked about the Mare's Leg at both H&H and Outdoor America Store here in OKC and was assured at both that the Mare's Leg is considered a handgun by the BATFE. Without actually asking the BATFE though...

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare's_Leg#Legal_status
you are correct. 16" min. barrel length and the overall length must be 26"
... Makes it a long gun. But the OAL of the Mare's Leg is less than 16".

See my previous post re: H&H and OAS in OKC. Both claim the Mare's Leg is a handgun.

Here's what wikipedia says about it:
In the United States under the National Firearms Act, to make a concealable weapon from a firearm originally made and sold as a rifle requires payment of a $200.00 tax, approval from the BATFE and federal registration.[8] However, a “lever action pistol” made and sold subject to concealable weapon laws is treated as a pistol by federal law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare's_Leg#Legal_status

OTOH - wiki is probably not the most credible source for this type of information...

C

Clay

I've asked about the Mare's Leg at both H&H and Outdoor America Store here in OKC and was assured at both that the Mare's Leg is considered a handgun by the BATFE. Without actually asking the BATFE though...
If it was manufactured shorter than 26" and 16" barrell, its considered a pistol. If you "modify" a gun it must meet those requirements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom