She signed it, fellas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most likely it will be more than one officer responding. It will be over the radio. Your description will be given and after that you only have maybe 1 or 2 other officers working that part of said district you are in. I want to say that on most days, will rogers(downtown district) has 10 officers on duty, spread from Rockwell to Santa fe and main to 39th roughly. They typically eat together if they are close to one another so in a restaurant you would only be confronted once.

10 on a day they are short, closer to 15 or so if full staff in most districts, If I remember, Will Rogers is the smallest district. Will Rogers doesnt cover all of downtown, Bricktown has its own substation, and will have more officers on duty than the other districts combined it seems. Its because Chief Citty and the mayor want to make sure its safe since it brings in so much revenue. Still hasnt stopped stupid stuff like that shooting from going down in bricktown. Either way, most cops probably wont harass you, as they support citizens carrying and think more should.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was manufactured shorter than 26" and 16" barrell, its considered a pistol. If you "modify" a gun it must meet those requirements.

The Mare's leg is manufactured as a pistol by various gun manufacturers. Most have barrels in the 10 to 12 inch range and a truncated stock with an OAL less than 16".

They are considered handguns. I can't prove it. But I would surmise that the salespersons at both H&H and OAS would be competent authority to say they are. And heck - at H&H the mare's leg is sold out of the pistol display cases.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a pistol, though I too cannot articulate why. I believe the truncated "stock" is not defined as a stock by way of it being truncated, the way the buffer on an AR pistol is not a stock though technically you can shoulder it as one. Because either, if they had a true stock by definition, would be a short barreled rifle and not a pistol. Somehow both skirt that technicality.

The bigger point is that "pistol" in the SDA is a different definition than "pistol" in the NFA and federal regs. As "Pistol" is specifically defined in the SDA, only that definition applies to its use in that particular statute. Sometimes, one definition applies and sometimes the other, and sometimes both. It's all context.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you say Drama King, J.B.?

Sure you can. Now that you're a mod would you maybe put the pot stirrer away for a bit?

I bellieve JB is using sarcasm as a way to discourage exactly what you're accusing him of. It appears you've inadvertently fallen into the "sar chasm". :)

On another note, are we seriously discussing the legality of the mare's leg for open carry? Seriously? :(

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bigfug said:
10 on a day they are short, closer to 15 or so if full staff in most districts, If I remember, Will Rogers is the smallest district. Will Rogers doesnt cover all of downtown, Bricktown has its own substation, and will have more officers on duty than the other districts combined it seems. Its because Chief Citty and the mayor want to make sure its safe since it brings in so much revenue. Still hasnt stopped stupid stuff like that shooting from going down in bricktown. Either way, most cops probably wont harass you, as they support citizens carrying and think more should.

You are correct sir. I know that will Rogers and Hefner had been running 10 for a while with the lack of officers due to retirement and hiring freezes. It may be back up to full staff now that the recruits have graduated. I know quite a few ocpd officers that will not harass. However they do see the calls going out as priority 1 at the start and will be required to respond ASAP.

I think a great way to circumvent this would be for the dispatcher to ask if the OC individual is threatening the caller in any manner. What is he/she doing? If they respond with, " they are eating dinner with a woman/man and two small children!!". Oh nooows!!! Mind your own business, they are doing nothing to cause concern caller!!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bellieve JB is using sarcasm as a way to discourage exactly what you're accusing him of. It appears you've inadvertently fallen into the "sar chasm". :)

On another note, are we seriously discussing the legality of the mare's leg for open carry? Seriously? :(

:D That's right. I started it and I'm proud..... you'll be able to spot me easy in Bricktown, I'll be the one in the sombrero.

Last edited:
C

Clay

The Mare's leg is manufactured as a pistol by various gun manufacturers. Most have barrels in the 10 to 12 inch range and a truncated stock with an OAL less than 16".

They are considered handguns. I can't prove it. But I would surmise that the salespersons at both H&H and OAS would be competent authority to say they are. And heck - at H&H the mare's leg is sold out of the pistol display cases.
I cant tell if your agreeing or disagreeing. Your saying the same thing I said.
It was manufactured with an overall length less than 26" it is classified a pistol. As is your gun I assume.
Only when modifying a long gun must it remail 26" overall in length with 16" of barrel.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A big open carry turnout in MidWest City on Nov 1 to thumb your nose at the Chief of Police seems like a bad idea to me. Think about how the media will play it and how the public will see it. Especially the media.

If there is a pattern of harassment, later on after some letter writing to the newspaper etc., it might be the time to consider doing it.

Last thing anyone wants or needs is bad publicity or an incident on day 1.

Exactly. There are those who demonstrate, march and/or scream loud and there are those who just square their shoulders and move forward...quietly. I'd rather hang out with the quiet ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom