Short 1911's, under 5"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoney5813

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned and shot the Magnum Research Commander 1911. I had one FTF on the first magazine but nothing after that. (500 rounds) Fit and finish were as good as most 1911's under 1000$. I dont think you would be disappointed.

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned and shot the Magnum Research Commander 1911. I had one FTF on the first magazine but nothing after that. (500 rounds) Fit and finish were as good as most 1911's under 1000$. I dont think you would be disappointed.

Thanks for the info. I plan on getting out tomorrow and hit the local shops.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ill be taking both my 5" Kimber CDP II and my 4.25" Colt Commander ( both of which have been worked over by Accurate Iron) to TDSA in April. My plan is to shoot 50/50 with both of them. Ill let you know how my Commander does. I will only be using Tripp Cobra Mags for the class. I don't have cheap 1911 mags
shoooot, I can tell you right now how it does. ;)

Okietrader

New to the site!
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right spot to mention what a great gunsmith and great guy in general Dr. Greyson is. I went in to get a part and ended up staying 2 hours while he worked on my Springfield Loaded. He went above and beyond polishing, adjusting etc. His prices were reasonable to boot. Thanks Doc!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom