Show me the rifle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do love me some lever gun - and 30/30? yes SIR!

Personally, I think .30 cal is just to big for rabbits, thats the only reason I would disqualify a 30 caliber round. Too much damage to the animal, makes cleaning and prep a real chore - same reason I don't like pokin' em with a shotty.

That's my hang up too, perfect for hog and yotes, but overkill on a wabbits. FamousAJ and I are going on a hog hunt together, and I keep changing my mind on what I'm going to bring.

Was going to be my 30-30 and a .22 for the wabbits, then just my .243 w/o the .22, I've thought really hard about taking the SKS with iron sites, then went back to just the AR. I'm still up in the air on this trip as well.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's 243 is flat shooting bullet BC is .400 and just a tick over 3000fps and 87gr, 20" barrel,
will shoot under 1" at 200 yards.
That would be my gun of choice to take for small game or large..I do not need the head to be a on a rabbit.
I hit a running rabbit with my sks once.
Sent fur everywhere never found the critter. that gun shot quick but not an accurate enough gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom