Show me the rifle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The rifle your looking for is a .40 muzzle loader. From rabbits to deer and anything in between out to about 100 yards or more depending on skill level and game. You have complete control each and every shot. Sub sonic to "hyper" velocity, lol, relatively speaking.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rifle your looking for is a .40 muzzle loader. From rabbits to deer and anything in between out to about 100 yards or more depending on skill level and game. You have complete control each and every shot. Sub sonic to "hyper" velocity, lol, relatively speaking.

maybe, might be impractical if several shots are needed quickly. I'm not the best crack shot there is.

I bet it would make people laugh if they knew I made your beaver go limp yesterday at the range, too....lol

ya, and it was quite uncomfortable when I had to carry it back 100yds....people staring at my limp beaver. NOT fun. :uberblast

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a good question. I always thought the law was their way of cornering those that choose to take pelts from another persons trap, since most of those kinds of things would happen under cover of darkness. I think of it as an anti-poaching regulation. I know I wouldn't approach a trap with an animal in it, at night, with it pissed off to no end, without a way to dispatch it from a distance.

I've recently went to a choke pole. No noise, no blood on the pelt. Coons can be a Little tough at times.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the .223

The AR is a good choice, but I have been using a bolt gun with hi power scope. 62 - 64 gr for hog and yotes. Found a .223 load using .22WMR 45 gr solids that is about halfway between a .22WMR and a .22 Hornet. Super quiet and extremely lethal on rabbits, squirrels, dillos, possum, etc. Best thing was no scope adjustment, 62 gr zeroed at 100 yrds and the light loads are zeroed at 50yrds. Reloadable and cheaper than .22WMR. They shoot great in the AR, but will not cycle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom