Show me the rifle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think I'd go with a 223.

I've shot plenty of rabbits with it, kills them dead without doing too much damage using 55gr pills

Lots of videos on the tube of guys hunting hogs with them from helicopter. I would assume it would be just as lethal on the ground.

I've killed many a coyote using an AR running factory 223 ammo with 62gr pills

Plus the ammo is light, plentiful, and an AR platform lets you reload in the blink of an eye. 20" hbar, adjustable stock, throw a red dot on there and go

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'd go with a 223.

I've shot plenty of rabbits with it, kills them dead without doing too much damage using 55gr pills

Lots of videos on the tube of guys hunting hogs with them from helicopter. I would assume it would be just as lethal on the ground.

I've killed many a coyote using an AR running factory 223 ammo with 62gr pills

Plus the ammo is light, plentiful, and an AR platform lets you reload in the blink of an eye. 20" hbar, adjustable stock, throw a red dot on there and go

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner.

How can you go wrong with that?

(though I'm sure someone will tell me!)

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Daylight only: Any legal firearm or archery equipment.

Nighttime only: Hunters may possess a .22 caliber rimfire rifle or .22 caliber rimfire pistol and a light carried on the person while in pursuit of furbearers with hounds during the legal, open furbearer season, while possessing a valid hunting license, unless exempt.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nighttime only: Hunters may possess a .22 caliber rimfire rifle or .22 caliber rimfire pistol and a light carried on the person while in pursuit of furbearers with hounds during the legal, open furbearer season, while possessing a valid hunting license, unless exempt.

That would be 30 min before & after sun up & sun down? Or is it dusk/dawn?

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is damn good information! So I guess 22mag is the best night time varmit caliber for our state laws. Thanks for teaching me something Aviator.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
great information all around.

I debated the 22-250, but without buying a new platform, I may just take the old AR. 62gr HP Win Razorback for dem hogs and like Hoddy said fmj for rabbits and such. I'll still take the .22, haven't decide on winmag or lr though. I know .22lr will do the job, so I guess it depends if I want to dig into my stash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom