Small World Department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the Ada gun show this morning. Heard someone calling my name. I turned and saw the gentleman, immediately recognized his face but couldn't put a name or place to it. He told me his name and it all immediately came back to me. He was a customer that frequented my gun shop in the little mountain town where I lived in Colorado. I haven't seen the guy in over 15 years and he shows up in Ada of all places.

It's amazing how often things like that happen.

He was selling an AR upper he bought from me in the early 2000s. He also had a good deal on some Federal LE slugs. I wound up buying 4 boxes from him.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the Ada gun show this morning. Heard someone calling my name. I turned and saw the gentleman, immediately recognized his face but couldn't put a name or place to it. He told me his name and it all immediately came back to me. He was a customer that frequented my gun shop in the little mountain town where I lived in Colorado. I haven't seen the guy in over 15 years and he shows up in Ada of all places.

It's amazing how often things like that happen.

He was selling an AR upper he bought from me in the early 2000s. He also had a good deal on some Federal LE slugs. I wound up buying 4 boxes from him.
That is bizarre. So when I sold my mini truck the guy drove here from Hardy Arkansas. He asked about my phone number because it showed up as McMinnville Oregon. I said yep that’s correct. He goes “my wife’s family is from there”. So incredibly weird. But pretty cool!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have run into people from Enid in both New Mexico and Colorado several times. Several different families we ran into in Red River. And, we kept running into the same Enid fireman in different places in Colorado ... camping out in the boonies near Pagosa Springs and also up at North Fork Lake.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's amazing how many people I've run into,,,
Who I served in the 1970's USAF with.

I was leading a tour group of potential students at OSU,,,
The great grandfather of one of the young teens,,,
Turned out to be my First Sergeant in Germany.

Even though I was only 19-20 at that time,,,
He said he recognized me by my voice,,,
I was 66-67 when we met at OSU.

Aarond

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happens to Grumpy EVERY time we go out. I never run into anyone who knows me because I've always been a wallflower. Don't laugh -- it's true.

A guy I went to high school with checked into a hotel I worked at one evening. I asked him how the world had been treating him since we got outta high school. He remembered my brother and sister, both 12 and 24 months behind us in school, but didn't remember I was in the same graduating class. He was horribly embarrassed -- because he still saw my folks from time to time. (My dad was his vet.) I was actually kinda amused because he thought he was special in high school and I could tell I got his goat -- BAD ... 😂😂😂

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One year when I was back visiting family in Va. I went by a friend's house to see him. I was on his front porch knocking on his door and the guy next door yelled to me that nobody was home. He walked over and told me that my friend had died three weeks earlier. I told him I was from Ok. and usually visited Victor (the dead friend) every time I came home. The guy said he had family in Ok. and I asked him what part. He said Ponca City and they worked in the oil industry. I told him I lived in Ponca and worked in the refinery there. I asked him the name of the relative in Ponca City and he said Coonrod. I told him I knew her and her sister that worked there in the refinery. Small world, I guess. We went on vacation to the Grand Canyon one year and I bumped into one of the carpenters from work there.

vi

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 90s we went to a BBQ at the neighbor's house across the street. As my wife and I were walking up their drive someone called out my wife's name and said, "...is that you?" It was her roommate from when she was in the AF stationed at RAF Mildenhall in 1980. The girl was a co-worker of the neighbor and that's why she was at the BBQ.

I sold a Harley to a guy from Cheyenne, WY in 2009. It had a pretty unusual OD green and black paint scheme...weren't many in that color around. This guy drove 130 miles down to Bailey (the little town where I lived) and bought it. Big guy...like 6' 8" or so. In 2016 I was on the way home from work and stopped to gas up at a station in Lewiston, ID. I saw what I thought was that old bike...same color scheme. I waited for a few mins until I saw this giant dude walk out to the bike and then went over to talk to him. It was him and he remembered me, too. He was on his way from Cheyenne to Seattle...he'd put 110,000 miles on that bike in a little less than 7 years.

One day a guy walked into my gun store...would've been mid-2000s. I thought he looked familiar and when he spoke I knew exactly who he was. He was my oldest sister's first husband. They divorced in 1980. He somehow found his way into my gun shop in podunkville Colorado from the Houston area.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This happens to me often enough that my wife is surprised when we go somewhere & I don’t run into an acquaintance of some kind. The one that surprised me the most was attending a regional training in Santa Fe NM in 2012 & end up in the class with a fellow Army officer from our unit in West Germany back in the late 70s.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
His dad was sharing some tables, or had tables next to, an OSA member from the Ada area I've done several deals with. Funny how stuff like that happens.
Carl Frazier and Kelly Campbell still running around down there? Used to shoot steel challenge matches and have been to that show several times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom