Small World Department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an aunt this happens to frequently, and she is able to recall extremely vivid and specific details about people that most can’t. She says it’s very unnerving for them.

I on the other hand can’t remember more than general details about my own life. If somebody wanted to know a specific thing about my past I’d probably have to ask my wife.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carl Frazier and Kelly Campbell still running around down there? Used to shoot steel challenge matches and have been to that show several times.
Those 2 were something else. Amd that danged Carl will be outshooting people from his damned grave. **** he was quick. I don't think I EVER saw him "pressured" ... He is an AMAZING shooter.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an aunt this happens to frequently, and she is able to recall extremely vivid and specific details about people that most can’t. She says it’s very unnerving for them.

I on the other hand can’t remember more than general details about my own life. If somebody wanted to know a specific thing about my past I’d probably have to ask my wife.

OMG this is ME, too! Grumpy will be reminiscing and ask me something about any time before my late 30s, early 40s and I'll literally just draw a blank. 🤷🤷 In fact I don't remember a whole lot, in general, about much of my life before he came along.

I mean I remember important dates, like my kids' birthdays and in a conversation I can relate things that happened here, there and yonder but I can't even tell you things like when we had the car accident that fubared my neck ... Or the dates of any of the surgeries I've had ... Or when either of my parents passed. Things that most people recall easily. Hell, I couldn't even tell you when mine and the first husband's anniversary was. Or any of my brothers' or sisters' birthdays. 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷

Like you, I have to "run it by" Grumpy because I REALLY don't know ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When stationed in Pusan Korea in the Army, I was walking across the unloading docks of the 609th ordnance company when a voice yelled my name. It was a classmate in high school walking down the gangplank of the merchant marine ship he was working on. The odds of two old friends meeting at that point in time that far from home still amazes me.
We travel a lot and make new friends easily. One of the first questions is where are you from?
It’s probably because of the refinery and the folks in sales, trucker’s that deliver there and others that Ponca City is quite well known around the country. The folks we meet always have a name of somebody in town they know. Some we know, some we don’t.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Middle of 5th grade we moved from Memphis to Indianapolis. That summer, dad took us to Disney World in Florida. On one of the rides, I hear "Adam??"...it was one of my classmates from Memphis in the row behind me.

Another one, I was living in Texas, and parents in Ohio. We met up with friends and family in Memphis one weekend, and hear this loud boisterous laugh on the other side of the restaurant we are in.
My dad says no way, gets up and checks it out...it's one of his coworker friends he worked with in Indianapolis.

That stuff kinda freaks me out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom