Small World Department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a pawn shop in Mt. Sterling, Kentucky (which is in itself a pretty small town) one day many years ago and said something to my father-in-law about something that happened back when I lived in Olustee.

The owner of the shop says, "Did you say Olustee? Oklahoma??"

Turns out he had lived in Olustee for a few years back in the past. :pms2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going through immigration at De Gaulle airport in Paris. A guy in the line next to me was wearing a Boston Red Sox shirt.
Asked if he was from Boston, or just a fan.
He said he was from a small town just outside of Boston.
Turns out he lived in my hometown, right down the street from where I grew up.

Don't know your home town in MA, but I was stationed at Fort Devens near Ayer, MA back in the mid-'60's for my AIT training.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1973 was stationed at a 120 person navfac base in lewes, de. 2022, standing in line at a colorado walmart, guy next to me had a navy hat on. Looked vaguely familiar, recognized the voice. It's a small world.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many times.
* Went to Bahamas in 1972 at the time of their independence. I lived in Detroit at that time and ran into my cousin from Pennsylvania.
* Went to the 1978 Rose Bowl and ran into my high school math teacher in Disney Land. Also ran into a buddy from high school at a hotel bar.
* Moved to Yukon in 1984. Standing in line at the tag agency was a girl I went to high school with in Detroit.
* Was sitting on the beach in Galveston Texas and ran into a fellow I graduated from college back in Michigan.
* Was working in Germany and ran into the owner of a factory I visited in Minnesota just weeks previous.
* Went to a Thunder basketball game years ago and the team manager was a fellow that was one year ahead of me in high school.
* Was in Dongguan China, turned on the TV, and the chinese news station was interviewing my best friend from high school. Contacted him within 5 hours and we met up for dinner in Shanghai two weeks later.

SMALL WORLD INDEED ! !

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run into a lot of people at major airports that I know. Not that surprising since road warriors tend to be in the same major hubs on Monday mornings and Thursday or Friday nights, and tend to favor one carrier for miles/rewards. I hope to never have flying status ever again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom