Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had limited time shooting this one with the run on ammo lately. But it's not my first either. This one will be a keeper! Luckily I have 3 25rd mags and I'm waiting on my 2 short 10s from the factory. Added a few thing to mine. Pictured it the Magpul ACS stock, Magpul MOE grip, FDE ladder rail covers, cheap red dot and quiet tube.

i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_bed15e93116d4e4b5226eb61185d7f57.jpg

Since thi picture I've added a Magpul RSA and off brand clamp on rear sling adapter and a Magpul MS2 sling.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought one of these MP 15-22s last week. Haven't shot it yet. I hope they aren't finicky and will eat anything.

I was going to buy a couple of those 35 round plinker tactical mags, but I've read horrible reviews on them. Decided not to.

I did buy 5 of the S&w MP15-22 10 round mags today at the gun show. They were only $16 each.

The 25 round MP15-22 mags were $90 each at the gun show. LOL.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought one of these MP 15-22s last week. Haven't shot it yet. I hope they aren't finicky and will eat anything.

I was going to buy a couple of those 35 round plinker tactical mags, but I've read horrible reviews on them. Decided not to.

I did buy 5 of the S&w MP15-22 10 round mags today at the gun show. They were only $16 each.

The 25 round MP15-22 mags were $90 each at the gun show. LOL.

Who was selling the 10rd mags? Are the S&W or aftermarket?

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who was selling the 10rd mags? Are the S&W or aftermarket?

I don't remember the name of the dealer. He did have a lot of tables. I don't have a receipt to look at either. They did not give me one. I paid in cash or I'd have a CC receipt. The dealer was on the same side of the room as Rijas. They were just west of Rijas. The dealer had a lot of MP15-22 rifles on one section of his tables. That's why I asked if he had any mags. Yes, they were S&W mags.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Heartland today and finally broke in the my MP1522 with a good friend.
Had a can with 2000rds of Remy GB - some say it works...others say it doesn't...I was gonna find out one way or the other.
Had the standard 25rd mag + 2 Promag 32rd mags...we loaded all 3 and took turns on the trigger keeping 2 mags loaded at all times.
Through 6 mags (3 me, 3 him) only problem was that his last round failed feed. Just him. Realizing he used the same mag (Promag) each time, he popped 5 rounds into it and fired down range...last round failed to feed.
After removing this mag from the rotation, failures were few & far between. We did a dozen or more rounds of this with 25rds or more in each mag...doing the math that's easily 600+ rounds. Were there failures? Yes. But only about a half dozen...and all were feed issues - no FTF or FTE.

[Broken External Image]

Not too bad for its first time out.
S&W doesn't recommend it because of reliability and consistency issues. I've heard people say it's horrible through the MP1522. It worked...pretty darn well. Maybe it's their "New & Improved" secret formula or something, but whatever it is, I'll be taking the Remy GB out again next week.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's good to read about the Remington GB and Thunderbolt not being an issue in the M&P 15-22. I have a few 50 round boxes of Thunderbolt which I think I will run through the 15-22 next time at the range. GB and Yellow Jacket are the few 22Lrs that I have seen on any shelves in the past few weeks.

I had the good fortune of purchasing 5 extra 25-round mags before the Newtown panic set in. I still have a few on backorder from S&W and (2) well known online dealers. I'm not holding my breath on them.

LL