SO SHF talk. BReak it down for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
probably be sitting in class, looking out the window at paratroopers, then i will load up in my 4X4 and head for the hills, start a band of brothers and call ourselves the honey badgers!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wonder if our financial system was to get so bad would power and communications ie. telephone or internet be interupted.. just a thought

I can remember a life without television, computers and video games. All we had was a rotary dial phone and a radio. My grandparents didn't have electricity until the late 1960s. They ran their own dairy farm. (Granted it grew by leaps and bounds as soon as Granpa got that newfangled milking machine -- which was right after he got the barn wired for "electric".) It wasn't that bad.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The internet runs itself so as long as you have power to be on your computer you will be able to access the web. Maybe stockpile laptop batteries?

I don't worry about it much and for those who say they are going to ride it out I think recovery from a financial collapse may easily take years. Only the hard core foilists have that kind of stockpile I'd guess.

My plan is to hole up in my house to wait for the first wave of insanity to die off until people start to realize their situation and attempt rational thought about what they are going to do. Then I will head out and form a small group with friends on their land that is much more remote than my domicile. I am thinking the more remote the better.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ripnbst said:
The internet runs itself so as long as you have power to be on your computer you will be able to access the web. Maybe stockpile laptop batteries?

I don't worry about it much and for those who say they are going to ride it out I think recovery from a financial collapse may easily take years. Only the hard core foilists have that kind of stockpile I'd guess.

My plan is to hole up in my house to wait for the first wave of insanity to die off until people start to realize their situation and attempt rational thought about what they are going to do. Then I will head out and form a small group with friends on their land that is much more remote than my domicile. I am thinking the more remote the better.

You do realize no electricity equals no cable internet or phone lines for dsl. That means no internet.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
December 21 2012 the Mantel is going to slide around and our poles will flip flop.

I am buying bulk mislabeled magnets and I will be the King in postSHF!

Last edited:

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My plan is to run down the street in nothing but tightey whities yelling, "The end is near the end is near." WHen I run out of breath(approximately at the end of my driveway) I'll go back in and put clothes on.

After that, well I can't say much. You might pick up on my bunker location.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize no electricity equals no cable internet or phone lines for dsl. That means no internet.

With no main power coming in, the phone lines still carry 48VDC on hook and 5-6VDC off hook. Thus, dial-up could still function if the network hubs were still operational.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PUMPKIN said:
probably be sitting in class, looking out the window at paratroopers, then i will load up in my 4X4 and head for the hills, start a band of brothers and call ourselves the honey badgers!!

I am doing the same except my band will called Winnie the poo which is the name of a bear! A fierce bear!
It's sweet putting honey in your bands name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom