So TSA found a loaded mag in my carry on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like such a dumb-ass. Flying out of Wichita KS this morning and I had decided to take my Maxpedition gearslinger as a carry on. I haven't used this bag in over a year and thought I searched through it pretty good. Well as I'm going through the check point the lady working the x ray machine calls for a supervisor. He looks at the screen, looks at me and asks if I forgot something. After fondling the bag for a few mins he unzips the small compartment at the bottom of the shoulder strap, which I forgot was even there, and pulls out a loaded 1911 mag. My heart sank and I said oh ****. He smiled and said come with me. After 20 mins of questioning by the TSA and another round by the PD they got all my contact info copied my DL and my CCL and ran me for outstanding warrants they sent me on the way. Luckily I made my flight. Now just to see if I get "special treatment" on my return flight. I'm sure I'll be getting a nasty letter from the TSA and hopefully not a fine along with it. I will say the TSA agent and the officer were very cool about the situation and the cop even asked me a bunch of questions about the bag and said he was going to buy one after seeing mine. I'm just glad they found it it Wichita and not in Chicago where I had a lay over.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't feel bad.
My bro-in-law went thru DFW security with a semi-auto pistol and loaded clip (separate) in his brief case last week.
He forgot also.
Well, he got to spend the night in Dallas jail. Bad experience he told me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom