So TSA found a loaded mag in my carry on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a clip?

24.media.tumblr.com_842130539dfc221b35df133d4d01d0c2_tumblr_mh9ghqE52q1s30ig1o1_500.gif

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of weeks ago. They gave me a chance to return it to my vehicle, that wasn't an option. They just took it and said that they had to destroy it. You can't even give it to the cops at the airport

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far, I've had about a dozen or so EDC blades confiscated from me at the airport. I always carry an EDC blade, so when I get in a rush I forget I have it on me or my laptop bag and not in my check-in luggage.

The Okc airport has always been cool about it and have always offered to walk me back to mail it to myself. I've had knives confiscated from me from the Seattle airport as well. They were pretty cool about it too. No fines or questioning. I still kick myself for this one time on my way back from Seattle. I was running late and ended up having to let them confiscate my expensive spyderco.

There's one tsa gate guard who knows me now and gives me the "look" when he sees me to remind me to check my pockets before I go through gate security, lol.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About two years ago I forgot about a loaded Beretta mag I had stashed in my laptop case. I knew I was missing one but thought I had tossed it in the trunk of my car or range bag. TSA at the Tulsa airport found it for me. I got to have an interview and fill out some paperwork. Afterwards they gave me back my mag and ammo so I could put it in my car. The agent and supervisor were very professional, almost apologetic through the whole process. I ended up still making my flight.

It took about nine months or so before I finally got a letter. It basically said that since this was a first offense that there would be no further action - no fine or anything.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess since you have to play by the rules or simply don't fly, you will have to get used to not carrying certain items or face confiscation and I don't have much of a problem with that. What I have a problem with is losing this property forever and then learning that they can and do sell this stuff for profit or simply keep it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of weeks ago. They gave me a chance to return it to my vehicle, that wasn't an option. They just took it and said that they had to destroy it. You can't even give it to the cops at the airport

Some airports have a check-in box that allows you to put something like this into an shipping container and mail it back home. Forgot my Grandpa's knife he left me, and I would have missed my flight vs giving it to the TSA. its expensive, but never the less......

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry you lost your mag.

One of the few benefits of being one of those people who have to think through every single potential outcome of any action ( I have no idea what that's called) is when I have to go through the airport I search every single thing from baggage to clothes (every pocket) to my makeup and stuff. I can't just look through it, I have to search it multiple times and even then I'm not convinced I checked everything. It's a huge pain but at least I probably won't forget and lose anything or end up in airport jail, that would suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom