some questions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might also want to look at the Marlin 795. It's basically the same as the model 60 except that it has a removable 10 round magazine.

Also, the 795 (blued not stainless version) has a $25 rebate good until the end of the year. Academy and Bass Pro stock them. IIRC Bass Pro has them for $149 before the rebate.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The S&W MP15 is a great .22 rifle, but probably not the best for a starter gun. They definitely have that cool factor, but you'll spray and pray more than aim and learn the fundamentals.
Marlin 60's are awesome rifles. I had one for a lil while, don't know why I ever got rid of it. I'm gonna have to get me another one.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 15-22 is a cool little gun, if your set on getting an AR style .22lr might I suggest also looking at the Sig 522 I believe they are a little cheaper and I love the heck out of mine. But if your flexible on style I would definitely look into something more like a ruger 10/22 for your first firearm, with a "tactical" gun your more likely to just ream through a clip as fast as you can for fun without learning good fundamentals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom