Something I don't understand - men never accept help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy asks for help and leans on everyone when he has a bad day or someone hurts his feelings, constantly.
How's his mental health?

d352c2cefee99894dbbcce02d6a37a67.jpg

That's why we don't. We want to be left alone to deal with things until we can get a handle on it, then we'll re-join the group. No one wants to whine and have a circle jerk party every time life hands you a lemons. You deal with it and move on.
Is that you ?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhmmmm, I may not be a man in the physical sense of the word but as God is my witness I am my father's first-born son. Lol I don't think you tough o'goats are that bad as far as male humans go. I kinda think y'all are a pretty sexy bunch of old farts ... 🤷😉😁

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not correct or right, but I believe that's how we were taught growing up. I see it all the time here on the forum. If any dude voices any kind of "non masculine feeling" then they tend to be labeled as a "p8ssy", or even worse, a liberal. A lot (but not all) of the older dudes around here seem to think that having an actual emotion automatically means you have tits and a period. We need to move past this line of thinking considering how much more likely men are to commit suicide vs women.
I agree...being a liberal...is worse than being a "p8ssy"

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Men never accept help? I can’t really accept what’s not being offered. Rarely anyone thinks to “help” me… oh they’ll think of and offer to help my wife and children no doubt! But me? Nah.. sometimes it upsets me if I think about it.. Then I remember that I’m a dude and I just move on and do my thing.

I think more of the issue is that men never ASK for help. Either way though, just gotta keep on keepin’ on

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Men never accept help? I can’t really accept what’s not being offered. Rarely anyone thinks to “help” me… oh they’ll think of and offer to help my wife and children no doubt! But me? Nah.. sometimes it upsets me if I think about it.. Then I remember that I’m a dude and I just move on and do my thing.

I think more of the issue is that men never ASK for help. Either way though, just gotta keep on keepin’ on

Man, honestly it's not just dudes this happens to. You guys are a different bunch -- y'all have offered me more help, even when I didn't really need it, than all the other people in my life put together. I heard some people at work talking about me one time -- not really spying just happened to catch my name in the conversation as I was walking by the breakroom. And then another time I got cc'd on an email some co-workers were circulating about me (THAT was HYSTERICAL!! 🤣🤣🤣 Talk about some embarrassed lawyers! 🤣🤣🤣) Anyway the gist of both "conversations" was that if I was easier to get along with I wouldn't have wound up being a single mom so I deserved whatever misery came my way. 🤔🤔🤔 🙄🙄 Men ...

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, I've always offered and helped friends and family with anything. Car repairs, house repairs, remodels, anything. But when I need the tiniest bit of help they are busy with recreation. So I quit offering.

The worst is when you provide the tools, supplies, the knowledge, assistance and they do most of the manual work. There all day focused on the project and yet they think you didn't help when no way would it have gotten done. That happens a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom