Springfield Prodigy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve heard they’re on the level of a P22 there will be a Bible written for them.
The on review by Honest Outlaw says they’re good and another by him call the pistol a disappointment.

Are they good bad or ugly?
Or save my money and buy a Staccato ?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard they’re on the level of a P22 there will be a Bible written for them.
The on review by Honest Outlaw says they’re good and another by him call the pistol a disappointment.

Are they good bad or ugly?
Or save my money and buy a Staccato ?

From what I've read on the Interwebz, one size (5"??) is prone to having problems, but the 4.25 is supposed to be ok? I don't know, haven't tried one and you know how people exaggerate problems on the net.

Remember, EVERY Sig P320 is going to kill you!! (some guy on the internet)

If there are problems, I'd like to think SF will make it right.

Having said that, I do own a Staccato P and that thing is just incredible. I'll admit I was a bit pissed when SF came out with the Prodigy less than a week after I bought the Staccato, but I don't regret the Staccato. The build quality (no MIM parts) and hand fitting are worth the difference in price to me.

Especially, if there's more to the Prodigy problems than just some dudes on the internet throwing a fit.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What issues?
If they don’t know 1911 geometry and manufacture by now will they ever?
Well, the Prodigy is technically a 2011, a design that can be very fickle. Even the vaunted Staccato had issues with theirs when they first came out and it took a while for Staccato to work out the bugs. The main problem is that Springfield has attempted to make a cheaper version of the Staccato using cast parts which don't seem to work well together. And it's such a crap shoot to get one that works right. Some people report no problems, while the other half can't even run 1 mag without the gun jamming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom