Springfield Prodigy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dspencer

Marksman
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 4.25" model and I was somewhat disappointed by some of the machining. The disconnector passage and the firing pin passage both look to have been drilled with a broken bit, very obvious heavy scratches which prevent the smooth movement of the respective parts. The cerracoat is somewhat thick in places, most notably the slide and frame rails, and being soft makes the slide movement a bit sticky. Normal wear will eventually correct this, but it still bugs me. One thing I noticed that I really like is the trigger pull weight: 3.5 lbs on my analog spring scale and very consistent. All that being said, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so I can't talk to reliability, but I have high hopes!
It's hard to beat a nice 1911 Trigger, most of the issues people have seem to be small and correctable. You would think for a company that has been making 1911's for as long as Springfield they would be a little better quality. Then again I've never owned a Springfield 1911 so maybe it's common across the board! Let us know how it shoots!

Latest posts

Top Bottom