Steel pistol choices ,what do you prefer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What one would you choose if not on list please post up choice in comments.

• Total voters

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like no love at all for the Walther Q series and very little for the Ruger P series. I love my P89 but have to admit you need to like tanks to love it.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody knows your pistol is for fighting your way to your rifle...
I carry a 1911 but switch between that and a Ruger American 9mm poly. It's got a pretty gif factory trigger for a poly gun.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago I was enamored by the back cover ad in the NRA magazine of the Kimber Ultra CDP 45. It was a really good looking gun/ad. That was my first handgun purchase. It is still my go to carry pistol most of the time. It ‘lives’ in the inside pouch of a leather vest that is put on most of the time when leaving the house. My other carry is a Kimber 380 raptor that slides into my front pants pocket. I have several others now but l love my Kimbers.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't like poly pistols at first. Always thought steel had better triggers since many poly's are plastic. Currently I cannot imagine 1911's, High Power's or CZ's in plastic. I like the corrosion resistance of plastic and fact they are light weight. Trigger pulls have gotten much better over the years in Plastic striker fired pistols. Metal though inspires pride of ownership.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all of the above glocks and then some, I seldom see a firearm I don't like

my favorite on your list is the 1911, P08 would be another top of the list

Colt saa is my favorite revolver but I like them all sa da etc.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like no love at all for the Walther Q series and very little for the Ruger P series. I love my P89 but have to admit you need to like tanks to love it.
Wife loves her P-95 at the range. P series are indeed build like tanks which is a good thing. Her EDC is a smaller lighter LCP II though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom