Steel pistol choices ,what do you prefer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What one would you choose if not on list please post up choice in comments.

• Total voters

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a steel gun thinking it last a long time but sheesh, that is one heavy gun.
But they will last if a quality pistol to start with.

Not a steel gun but I must admit the Smith and Wesson 9mm csx looks interesting. Has most of what I would want in a CC gun.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the market overrun with polymer choices this is just a fun thread to see who still prefers steel pistols and what do you prefer?

I just cannot learn to like poly handguns as they just do not feel good to me.

Please post up your reasons or likes from your choice.
Glock 22c
Glock 34
Glock 23
Glock Gap
My favorite carry gun for the last 4-5 years has to be the Glock 43 single stack 9 mm
I also have a fondness for my Taylor smoke wagons, as well as my vaqueros

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a Witness 10mm. As with other Witnesses I’ve handled I call the overall quality good, fit and finish are ok. They are definitely built like tanks.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the market overrun with polymer choices this is just a fun thread to see who still prefers steel pistols and what do you prefer?

I just cannot learn to like poly handguns as they just do not feel good to me.

Please post up your reasons or likes from your choice.
CZ P10F, because its everything the glock shouldve been. After being forced to carry a Colt 1911 CQB model for a few years, I realized Id rather have a poly gun with higher capacity, (modern bullets work wonders on tissue), I hate decockers and SA/DA triggers even though they are not garbage, I just dont prefer them myself. But there is something to appreciate about steel handguns and thus I still love 1911s, 2011s, and I still want to buy a Browning HP one day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom