Steel pistol choices ,what do you prefer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What one would you choose if not on list please post up choice in comments.

• Total voters

grizzlywinmag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been a 1911 fan for decades and carry one occasionally still. Also love revolvers, both single and double. Not a huge fan of poly pistols although I do own several. They are very useful for concealed carry because of their light weight. I do not own nor appreciate any double stack pistols. They just don’t feel right in my hands.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wanted to call myself a "traditionalist" and carry a 1911, but out of the 3 or 4 I've owned, I just never could get used to that got damned thumb safety. :grumble:

But then, it dawned on me... :idea: ...I AM a traditionalist, because I have carried a Glock of some size and caliber consistently for the last 30+ years. That's tradition, right? :ugh2:

But, of all the pistols named in the poll, I was always a fan of the 3rd gen Smith & Wesson. The model 5906 to be exact. One of the best, and overlooked, 9mm service pistols ever created.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wanted to call myself a "traditionalist" and carry a 1911, but out of the 3 or 4 I've owned, I just never could get used to that got damned thumb safety. :grumble:

But then, it dawned on me... :idea: ...I AM a traditionalist, because I have carried a Glock of some size and caliber consistently for the last 30+ years. That's tradition, right? :ugh2:

But, of all the pistols named in the poll, I was always a fan of the 3rd gen Smith & Wesson. The model 5906 to be exact. One of the best, and overlooked, 9mm service pistols ever created.
I agree, the third gen Smiths are excellent arms. I picked up a second gen aluminum framed compact model a while back at an excellent price. My plan to was get one of the police trade full sized steel models as well, then the prices on them went into the stratosphere. I still hope to snag one someday.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the market overrun with polymer choices this is just a fun thread to see who still prefers steel pistols and what do you prefer?

I just cannot learn to like poly handguns as they just do not feel good to me.

Please post up your reasons or likes from your choice.
I’m kind of a gun whore, I love most all forms of guns if they are reliable. That said I picked 1911 or 92fs. Love the full size and smaller size versions.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Traditionalist wold be a colt saa :)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first choice is a Smith K-, or L-frame because they are easy for me to shoot accurately, and then the nod goes to a Colt steel D-frame because they are so easy to carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom