Stop the Bleed or Like Class?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kiddo says just hang out with me, and you will get all the OJT you could ever want.😁

Check with OSUOKC they have programs and may have leads for one or two day classes.
Already had plenty of practice in the trauma bays when we went level one. I just need some refreshers with an emphasis on field work instead of in hospital. I was in three Critical Hours and 2 Trauma Life in the ERs back in the day. It was more annoying than anything, the docs would push the RT and Nurses out of the way and do things themselves because they wanted to be on camera.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can take an online first aid class from Red Cross fairly cheaply and they offer an advanced course that covers what I want. I just have to decide how important the classroom aspect of it is for me.
Do you have a link for those classes?? (Yes I'm being lazy -- and kinda tagging this thread because I was interested when you originally posted and then Old Timer's kicked in and I promptly forgot all about it. 🤭) We, too, drove up to the Tulsa and took a class from TacMedic at USSA. God that was a hundred years ago now. Sheet, I am getting old! 💀

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did that this summer, but they never responded back. They appear to only be interested in setting up group lessons for organizations.

You need to be more proactive and persistent in your communication with them. Although, the training program has been around for several years, it’s still not common knowledge that it’s available. Don’t you belong to a group or organization that might be interested in Stop The Bleed training or hosting a class? Maybe you can talk about it, why you think it’s important and get a few others interested. You’d probably find a few people here that would take it with you.

When I took my first blood loss control class it was at an indoor range with TacMedic. But subsequent to that there wasn’t anyone else around Tulsa offering the class or it was held only for medical professionals. And I couldn’t take the course and then teach it myself because I’m not a medically licenses professional. It was a catch-22.

I contacted Broken Arrow FD because they hold public CPR/AED classes for the public. They had one of their paramedics take the class, get certified to teach it and held a few classes. Now I’ve seen it offered by the health department and several other organizations.

I can’t remember where I was recently, but I noticed they had blood control kits in their emergency CPR/AED boxes mounted on the walls in their facility. That’s something that I talked to a local SWAT team Commander about years ago when I had just taken TacMedic’s class.

Be the squeaky wheel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom