Stopped For Open Carry At Dog Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not gone back to the park since then....100% because it has been too ****ing cold.

Who wants to go back there with me and Open Carry?

IF/when I do go back, obviously I should have all of this stuff printed off.

Holler at me when you get ready to go ... If I can I'll load up Nero and Dog and we'll let them play a bit ... Nero needs to get out more ... I'm not gonna open carry, though ... Not my style ...

Why open carry anyway? Make you feel big? Hide it.

I know you have no way of knowing this but I can assure you he does not open carry to feel big ... He IS big ... :)

(No offense, Jestik ... :wink2:)

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why do you think anybody needs to explain to YOU why they perform a perfectly legal action? Do you stop people driving down the road to demand why they drive a Dodge instead of a Ford?

Since you have a very similar username to me, I don't want people to think you are me.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've not gone back to the park since then....100% because it has been too ****ing cold.

Who wants to go back there with me and Open Carry?

IF/when I do go back, obviously I should have all of this stuff printed off.

Sounds like this lady would call the police. At a dog park that could be a bloodbath. No thank you

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jack,

To answer your question, I open carry for comfort's sake, and to me, it is not a big deal. It's my right and I choose to exercise it (about the only thing I exercise!).

When it is 5 degrees outside and I have a big jacket on, I conceal-carry. When it is summer and I've got crocs, shorts, and a t-shirt on, I open carry. The weather that day was warm, so I wasn't wearing a jacket. I have an outside-the-waistband Fobus holster, so that is what I carry my pistol in. I've not found any IWB that is comfortable enough, easy enough to access, and secure enough for my liking.

In the end, I guess that is my prerogative to do so.

Have you always lived in Ardmore? I was born there and grew up there. Perhaps we know one another? I'm 29.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you think anybody needs to explain to YOU why they perform a perfectly legal action? Do you stop people driving down the road to demand why they drive a Dodge instead of a Ford?

Since you have a very similar username to me, I don't want people to think you are me.

You mean your ears will bleed when all the dogs start howling and screeching.

What really gets me is if she had just asked me not to open carry I would not have had a problem with it. I still don't really have a problem with it, but this is where I start to feel like maybe I am getting treaded on.

And BadgeBunny, I'll let you know when I go again. It will probably be on a warm Saturday.

Oh, and no offense taken. Proud member of the "Fat Guy Shooting Team" for a reason.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to get in trouble at Turkey Mountain in Tulsa. I often run there (training for Run N Gun) with camo pants, load-bearing vest complete with four mags of .308, Camelbak, and my trusty .40 on my side. I think the "regular" runners and bikers are used to me. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the **nice police officers** get called. I don't run with my dog, for his sake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom