Stopped For Open Carry At Dog Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why open carry anyway? Make you feel big? Hide it.

Because too many like you that won't exercise their rights make it more difficult to do so for those of us who do want to exercise them.

Because its comfortable.

Because its quicker to present if called for.

Because its a deterant to predators who tend to target the weak.

Shall I go on? Lets not.

This has been hashed over more times than any of us can count. You aren't gonna change your mind and the oc'rs aren't gonna change theirs.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because too many like you that won't exercise their rights make it more difficult to do so for those of us who do want to exercise them.

Because its comfortable.

Because its quicker to present if called for.

Because its a deterant to predators who tend to target the weak.

Shall I go on? Lets not.

This has been hashed over more times than any of us can count. You aren't gonna change your mind and the oc'rs aren't gonna change theirs.

I don't but I could, I look at it as if my jacket blows open, then all's good. There may be some day I do OC, but just like when I was still carrying a badge, in uniform with gun exposed it was like having a bullseye on my back, and I felt that enough in the Army too. I prefer concealed to have the advantage!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't but I could, I look at it as if my jacket blows open, then all's good. There may be some day I do OC, but just like when I was still carrying a badge, in uniform with gun exposed it was like having a bullseye on my back, and I felt that enough in the Army too. I prefer concealed to have the advantage!

Except concealed is not an advantage. Think about it.

1) Guy comes up behind you and presents his gun. What ya gonna do? Draw on him? I doubt if even Miculeck could win that.

2) You OC. Gun is visible. Mugger has a choice. People are walking by. Who's he gonna mug. You with a visible firearm who he knows can fight back or the guy strolling along with his head in the clouds oblivious to the world around him.

Everyone assumes criminals are stupid. Wanna bet your life on that assumption? I don't.

Concealed doesn't equal surprise. It equals an impediment to getting your self defense weapon out in time to stop the bad guy. The bad guy will only be surprised long enough to pull the trigger while the CC guys are trying to pull from concealment or maybe I he gets shot in the back taking off while counting your money.

Go ahead try it. Have your wife stand in front of you with a toy gun (if you're a 4 rules freak) or a real one that's been checked. You have your gun in concealment. I doubt if there's one guy in a thousand who can pull theirs from concealment before their wife pulls the trigger on 'em. At best you're only wounded and get a shot off and wound the bad guy. At worst you're dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom