Stopped For Open Carry At Dog Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only cop with authority at the puppy park is a Law Dawg....lol! Ok, it's lame but I had to go there.

Did anyone ever go open carry back at the dog park? I don't live that far from there, from what I read it sounds perfectly legal and would come just for support if there were any issues. Personally I'd like to see more people open carrying just to sort of create an air of normalcy so that less people freak out when they see someone carrying.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the dog park today, and I concealed carried my pistol. I read all of the signs that were posted (there are A LOT of them) and not one of them had anything to say about open carrying a pistol. Next time I go back, I will open carrying if it suits me that day.

My dog seemed oblivious to the whole problem and had a great time. The bad part was the wind, which blew that red dirt ala the Dust Bowl.

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state law regarding public park carry is more complicated than I want to address in this post. However, the City of Tulsa used to post all of the city parks with general "no-guns" signs. OK2A worked with the city to have these offending signs removed from all of the city parks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom