strange call I didn't answer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CallerID is easy to fake. When I setup the phone system for my office there was a field where you could put in anything you wanted for the CID. CallerID is an honor system as your phone only shows what is sent to it by the calling phone system. Even the emergency CID systems have giant gaping security holes in them. Just do a google search for swatting to see what people are doing.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a call like that last night on my cell phone. The number that popped up was "06". I know it's not possible to have a two digit phone number so I figured whoever was on the other end wasn't worth my time.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I do not know who is calling, I do not answer the phone. If they leave a message and I still don't know who they are, I will not call them back. Drives GC NUTS!! Go figure ... :scratch:

After the last couple of visitors at our door this week (both salesmen), I'm fixing to apply the same rule to answering the door. That or answer the door with an AR strapped to my chest ... ****ing salesmen ... :grumble:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I do not know who is calling, I do not answer the phone. If they leave a message and I still don't know who they are, I will not call them back. Drives GC NUTS!! Go figure ... :scratch:

After the last couple of visitors at our door this week (both salesmen), I'm fixing to apply the same rule to answering the door. That or answer the door with an AR strapped to my chest ... ****ing salesmen ... :grumble:
Like you have never had to say my eyes are up here, it will be even worse with an AR15 strapped across em.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like you have never had to say my eyes are up here, it will be even worse with an AR15 strapped across em.

:rollingla

Yeah, well the bastages won't take a polite "no thank you" for an answer ... :grumble:

Had one guy ask for "the trooper who lives here" when I told him I wasn't interested in what he was selling ... :shocked: It was pretty funny when GC told him the same thing I did (NO!).

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...happened to me at 3:00 am one morning. Looked at caller id and there was my name and number. I answered it and on the other line was a black guy screaming and cussing at me for calling HIM at 3 in the morning.
Called the phone company next morning and they told me I had been spoofed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom