Stuck choke tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just tried the frozen barrel with a heat gun. No luck. For salt in the wound, I got the barrel a little high in the vice and missed the rib support. That mashed the rib down and tweaked it slightly to the side at the bend. It’s fixable so that’s no big deal but this thing still won’t budge!
Time to get out the BFH.
1641150334264.png

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darren - I feel your pain. I let my 410 tubes go way to long before removing the chokes and they are now stuck. This stuff works great for plastic and powder fouling. Rick Bliss had recommended it a few years ago for cleaning shotguns. The end of my tubes / chokes are currently soaking in the stuff. I’m hopeful it works. I know others who have had success removing stuck chokes with it.

http://rgsguncleaner.com/

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Darren - I feel your pain. I let my 410 tubes go way to long before removing the chokes and they are now stuck. This stuff works great for plastic and powder fouling. Rick Bliss had recommended it a few years ago for cleaning shotguns. The end of my tubes / chokes are currently soaking in the stuff. I’m hopeful it works. I know others who have had success removing stuck chokes with it.

http://rgsguncleaner.com/
Thanks Robert, this gun has only had high velocity duck loads ram through it for a couple seasons. It certainly could be plastic wad that is sealing it in.

OkdRooster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brownells sell a stuck choke tube tool, basically an easy out, grabs choke internally. If it wont come out with that, Id say it’s pretty stuck.
Other thought would be call Carlsons Chokes or Briley and see if they can help, both places are top notch and have the proper skill and tools at their disposal. ( or experienced gunsmith)
The replacement barrel sound reasonably priced also.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use a bigger hammer.

(this may be why I’m in IT)

Is putting anti seize on chokes threading a thing before installing them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom