Sweet Boy Needs a Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I need a good dog for a buddy. If I knew he wouldn't crap in the house I would be real tempted to take him in. I don't have a fenced in yard so he would have to be an inside dog.
Crate him for a while... They catch on quick at that age.. Heck I will buy you a crate if money is tight... Got 3 brat dogs myself . Evey feller should have a dog or 3 in their life. :cool:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That dog probably won't even require potty training. At least not more than a couple of nos.
He looks to be part amstaff. They are smart, calm and well mannered in my experience.

While no one can know for sure, I agree with that. I just took him out on a walk with a leash. He was very submissive when I put the harness on but didn't fight or growl or even give a hint of being aggressive. Once it was on it took just a few tugs to get him to come along. After 10 mins he pretty much had the whole walking on a leash thing down pretty good for a beginner.

I have some old flea and tick medicine I'll throw in with him. I'm sure it's out of date but I don't think that'll hurt anything. He has a few ticks...looks like they're fairly recent hitchhikers...all came off easily. I'll look again later to make sure I didn't miss any.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a good dog for a buddy. If I knew he wouldn't crap in the house I would be real tempted to take him in. I don't have a fenced in yard so he would have to be an inside dog.

Are you serious?? Because I'd be glad to potty train him for you.

I could kill two birds with one stone then -- I could get a feel for whether I'm reading Dawg right (whether he needs a buddy) and whether or not I'm physically able to handle two dogs again. Some days I'd LOVE to have another dog. Other days I'm grateful I only have Dawg.

Anyway ... I'm at the damned doctor's office (seems like I spend more time in waiting rooms than I do at home these days) so if I don't answer you right back it means I'm listening to a doctor tell me a bunch of ********.

I'll even work on recall and some other basic commands while he's here if you'd like. I dunno if you remember or not but one of the guys here had a GSD puppy that they just could NOT get under control. He was talking about rehoming her but was afraid his kids would never forgive him (they were little, too, like early grade school). She came here and hung out with me for a month or so. They were SO happy with her when they got her back. She was potty-trained to "go" on command and had all her basic commands down pretty good. Last time I saw them she was getting up there in dog years. She made them a wonderful dog. Not all of that was my potty training her, but that certainly didn't hurt. Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom