Sweet Chewing Tobacco suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys,guys..........again, I have chewed, dipped, snuffed, most to all the store bought stuff!!!

If I remember correctly, I was about 7-8 years old when my grandad cut me off a "chaw" of Cotton Boll, I moved onward toward Bull of the Woods plug(what my dad chewed) to Skoal by 12-13 years old.

Heck, when I was in Junior High...if a kid asked you if you wanted a piece of gum or candy...most of my relatives, buddies and myself would say..."Who wants candy or gum when you can have Skoal"!!!

College..I moved on to finer tobacco...cigars, then onward to Cuban cigars.

Now when I'm in the office and want a little "pinch between the check and gum" this is what I'll be chewing.

http://gatlinburlier.com/index.cgi?token=11062933&action=search&dplate=chew.plt&base=chew.csv&query=all&rankedby=custom&page=chewpage.htm

Going to order some samples tomorrow.

By the way, this tobacco post got me thinking. I know I have somewhere(if my mother didn't throw it away) when I was a teenager....a Skoal can(when they were cardboard-not plastic) autographed by Walt Garrison. **If you don't know who Walt is....you weren't an OSU or Dallas Cowboys fan and you dang sure weren't a tobacco chewer!!!!

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try a dip of Hawken (if they still make it) and just swallow the juice. I quit about 30 yrs ago and ,occasionally, still crave a good dip.

I forgot about this, used it in High School, I liked it because it is a little bigger cut, and it is some of the sweetest stuff I have had. Might go looking for some now!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like it's possible to infuse cigars passively with flavor such as extracts or fine liquors you could try that with chewing tobacco. Cohiba being that you are a cigar lover I'm sure you must have a cheap made in china humidor laying around that you could dedicate to this cause.

Last edited:

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like several flavors of Stokers. Redman Silver is also pretty sweet. I like to add about a half ounce of Jack Daniels Honey to a pouch for a little extra moisture and flavor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom