Take the Guns first, Due process second...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my only hope at this point. I’m not a Trump supporter but I have watched him closely. He will say some crazy left field **** and the next day act like it never happened. Hopefully that’s what happens tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember the big televised meeting they had about immigration. The next day he met with Pelosi & Schummer. They
Everybody likes someone that talks out of both sides of their mouth when you don’t believe anything they say while they bargain away your rights.

Please, fill us in on what one of your rights he has bargained away? Were any new laws passed today restricting your gun rights? Did Trump sign any executive orders today restricting your right to buy a semi-automatic firearm?

They say "Talk is cheap" and that's the only thing that happened today.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to say that in certain circumstances, removing firearms from a persons home maybe a good thing. If you have a person that is actually made a real threat to kill themselves, removing a firearm could be the correct thing to do. If someone has made a credible threat to commit some sort of terrorist event, removing firearms maybe a good thing. I just believe, that it would need to trigger some automatic things such as mental evaluation and a court hearing within a few days or everything has to be returned, if unfounded all cost need to be on the state.
The state of Oklahoma has the right to take your guns before adjudication right now. If your suspected of a gun/hunting violation by a State Game Warden, your gun will be confiscated at the point of the offense or at your home later if they have to look you up.
If your found innocent, the gun is returned. If found guilty, its optional.
The gun is seized as evidence.
I listened to an interview today by the retired Police Commissioner of New York City.
He stated that in New York City, if there is even a suspicion of domestic assault, drugs, etc, the city has the right and WILL come into the home to confiscate all guns until the issue is resolved.
Trump is from Queens NY and that is the law he is familiar with.
I'm betting some advisors will set him straight pretty quick that the rest of the country is not like NYC.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will not surprise me in the least if they do not pass an AWB this time and Trump signs it. This is exactly why I wanted either Scott Walker or Cruz instead of Trump. I do not trust him in the least and while I admit he has done some good things since getting elected, signing an AWB will be reason to support someone else in the primaries.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said two years ago he’d sell us out. He’s sure leaning that way now.

He’s done a few good things, but at what cost?

The President of the United States has so far publicly advocated for:

A raise in the minimum age to purchase a firearm

Seizing firearms prior to legal action.

Using EO’s to outlaw otherwise lawful products

Opposing the largest gun lobby in the nation

The good thing is that congress is so dysfunctional they might not get anything through.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will not surprise me in the least if they do not pass an AWB this time and Trump signs it. This is exactly why I wanted either Scott Walker or Cruz instead of Trump. I do not trust him in the least and while I admit he has done some good things since getting elected, signing an AWB will be reason to support someone else in the primaries.

Not to be picky, but what bill can any president sign into law that hasn't been passed by Congress?

Just looking for clarity.

Woody

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to be picky, but what bill can any president sign into law that hasn't been passed by Congress?

Just looking for clarity.

Woody
No bill; however, as SMS pointed out, there are other actions he can take unilaterally, especially given that some existing laws already put the power in the hands of the AG (or his designees). The "sporting uses" clause comes to mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom