Taurus handguns: Are they junk or a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had a few over the years, the revolvers were reliable, can't say the same for the pistols. Had a PT 111 Millennium Pro that worked fine for the first 200 rounds then the frame cracked.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO do not buy a Millennium. guy bought a new one and shot it Friday 1/16 and had three frailure to feeds in first 40 rounds. i have seen several millennium pistol not work. i would not spend any money on one.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Taurus 85 that was not reliable. In all fairness, it could have been cheap ammo.

My wife wanted a Taurus PT 22 pistol and it was a jamm-o-matic.

Last edited:

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have a Judge and PT 1911 and haven't had any trouble at all with either one of them. I shoot the PT weekly 100-200rnds and no trouble in the 4 years that I've owned it and it's accurate to boot. Guess I'm lucky because in the last several years of shooting I've seen all makes and models break and jam. The only thing is after 500-600rnds the slide may need a bump every once in a while to go into battery. And that's shooting dirty Winchester white box ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom