Taurus handguns: Are they junk or a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend has a 9mm Millennium that performed like crap unless you fed it what it liked. Otherwise it had FTF problems and other issues. I don't know how much more he's shot it, but it didn't perform all that well.

My dad has a Judge and it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. I can't think of any issues he's had with it.

I have 2 TCP .380s and they have never malfunctioned after feeding them several hundred rounds of ball and HP ammo. The only problem I've had is when I manually send the slide forward, sometimes it won't feed properly. This happens on both guns and it's because sometimes manually sending it doesn't move it fast enough. I guess the slide doesn't have enough weight to do push through if it's not moving at the spring's full force, but who knows. I do know that they go bang every time and I'd definitely recommend them.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wanted a Taurus PT 22 pistol that was a jamm-o-matic.
You may have bought that POS from me. Sorry if so. Bought one for my wife and it was not what she wanted she said so I sold it to someone here. Now I know why she didnt want it.

I had their .38/.357 revolver and it wasnt a bad gun, wasnt the titanium model.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Taurus 94 (i believe) 9 shot .22LR revolver. It shot great for years then got out of time. Sent it in for repair and it shoots fine again. Pretty good little .22.

Rains

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hve a Taurus PT100AS and 1911 that both run perfect. Only Polymer Taurus that I know through friends that are good TO THEM, are the TCP and PT111 G2.

I wouldn't have a problem trying one of the PT111 G2 when they are on sale for 199.00

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Learn something new everyday...didn't know Taurus made a .380 revolver.

Bingo - that's the one I have - though the picture there is missing the "Model 380" marking which can seen on the picture of the blued version.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=853&category=Revolver

It was originally bought for my wife who because of a broken elbow was unable to rack any automatic she tried until she came across a P226 Tacops which is now her gun, letting me inherit this little .380 which I've kept because it works, is fun, and would make a great little backup revolver if I decide to carry one.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PT1911, PT92AF, 24/7 long slide, PT145, and a PT25. I haven't had any trouble out of any of them. I think they're a great value for their price point.
With that being said, I have looked a tcp380 and a 22lr revolver and both were crappy. So.....if you check them out completely before you buy you stand a pretty good chance of getting a good one. (IMHO)
I have a couple kahrs that ran like crap for the first few hundred rounds and they don't get bashed like Taurus does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom