Tavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence. I've been looking for a gun for my G.F. Started with my favorite, the Mini-14. Too heavy in the front end, mainly because of that big honking cylinder out there on the end of the op rod. Tried an AR, a S&W M&P in 5.56. Still too heavy (the MP-15 is now in the classifieds). We tried a Tavor at an OKC gun show not long ago, and, while it is heavy, she found that she had no trouble supporting the front end of the gun while in a shooting position, which had been her problem all along. I'm tempted to order a Tavor--if her AR-15 sells--but until then, we'll have to do some more research.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The
I'm still on the fence. I've been looking for a gun for my G.F. Started with my favorite, the Mini-14. Too heavy in the front end, mainly because of that big honking cylinder out there on the end of the op rod. Tried an AR, a S&W M&P in 5.56. Still too heavy (the MP-15 is now in the classifieds). We tried a Tavor at an OKC gun show not long ago, and, while it is heavy, she found that she had no trouble supporting the front end of the gun while in a shooting position, which had been her problem all along. I'm tempted to order a Tavor--if her AR-15 sells--but until then, we'll have to do some more research.

Yea it would help. My wife has wrist issues. She ran an AR and had to use a wrist race to help her out.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not want to haul it around during a run and gun. It feels great while shooting and when shouldered, but it's definitely fat.

It's a heck of a gun, lot of aluminum and poly.

I had hell shooting weak hand with it also. I like my teeth and that brass comes out fast right at them. Really makes you back up. I got my hits quick but I was backed up way off of it. I def cussed it

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a heck of a gun, lot of aluminum and poly.

I had hell shooting weak hand with it also. I like my teeth and that brass comes out fast right at them. Really makes you back up. I got my hits quick but I was backed up way off of it. I def cussed it

I like it for my intended use, but I can definitely see your issues with it in that type of use.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it for my intended use, but I can definitely see your issues with it in that type of use.
I can see it as a compact home defense gun, and as a gun easily accessible in a vehicle. Given our ages (mine and my girlfriend's), runnin' and gunnin' isn't anything we're going to do. Heck, I want the gun so I don't have to run!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see it as a compact home defense gun, and as a gun easily accessible in a vehicle. Given our ages (mine and my girlfriend's), runnin' and gunnin' isn't anything we're going to do. Heck, I want the gun so I don't have to run!

My wife and I Walked and gunned this time. My back had been really bad and we did no more than a normal walk and a lot of slow walking. I got 19th out of 40. If you haven't tried it you really need to. The physical part really adds some reality to the shoot as it puts pressure on you. It's one thing to go shoot at the range, it's another to go 3+ miles with all your gear, ammo, water, & food/snacks. Or the other crazies like Gabe go 10K

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I Walked and gunned this time. My back had been really bad and we did no more than a normal walk and a lot of slow walking. I got 19th out of 40. If you haven't tried it you really need to. The physical part really adds some reality to the shoot as it puts pressure on you. It's one thing to go shoot at the range, it's another to go 3+ miles with all your gear, ammo, water, & food/snacks. Or the other crazies like Gabe go 10K

Sounds like fun! What are the targets and what ranges? I have never done anything like this.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jwryan84, if the age listed in your profile is correct, my girlfriend has three children older than you are. Believe me when I say that I have guns so I don't have to run.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom