That moment when….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im really leery of people posting something and either not checking in or giving a phone number saying to text, if they to busy to check in then they to busy to mess with selling something.
I don't usually post my phone number in an ad, but will share via PM for folks who want to buy something. My only problem is sometimes forgetting to mark the thread to notify me when someone comments.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is not the norm , but the exception .
I’ve operated on both sides of that extreme.
Bought one once for $750 - sold for $2200.
Another I pd $1300 for and could get just north of 4K now. That is if I wanted to sell.

But I’d be embarrased to confess how high the water was when I jumped in on my first AR during the Feinstein scare. Too busy throwing a hissy fit in reaction to be troubled with even basic research for a platform I was ignorant about. I was so mad at myself I wouldn’t even look at that POS. About ten yrs later I rebuilt it till there was not an original part left. Took to calling it my million $$ AR.
Listing one now I paid $3500 for for $2500.

So, on the extremes I am 2 and 2!

Mostly I’ve lost value (on a smaller scale) on trades because I wanted something too bad.

Probably breaking even overall but kinda thinking in the coming environment guns and ammo both may be as good as other precious metals.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun deals are getting harder to find. There are still a few to be had, but if a person hesitates, they’re going to miss out.

I bought a TC Encore locally a couple weeks ago and made 56% on my investment by selling it in parts. That’s the kind of deals I look for now, because many people don’t want to go to the trouble of dealing with multiple buyers.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im really leery of people posting something and either not checking in or giving a phone number saying to text, if they to busy to check in then they to busy to mess with selling something.

I'm the same way. Whenever I'm selling or buying something, I'm like overly obsessive about it. Constantly checking the thread and patiently (NOT) waiting for that PM to show up from the buyer/seller. :w000t:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I've learned if it's a gun you ready want don't hesitate, just buy it. I've taken out small loans in the past just so I didn't miss out on a good buy or rare gun. I usually pay the loan off before the first payment is due. I lucky that my wife really doesn't care and understands what I buy is usually a good investment.

I wonder if in such a case that the wife sees the weapons as the first thing to sell when the husband is dead and gone. Be a better source of cash than a garage full of fishing gear.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if in such a case that the wife sees the weapons as the first thing to sell when the husband is dead and gone. Be a better source of cash than a garage full of fishing gear.
I don't know how the wives of others are but, mine won't need to worry about selling my guns to get a little cash. Some of my guns are to go to different family members anyway.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m guilty of not checking in on a post. I try to, but get busy and don’t get on here for a while
TBH, if it has been a while why would you. I try to PM hoping it will push an email, but also I know there are people like my wife that haven’t cleared their inbox since 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom