The 10MM pistol that everyone has dreamed about owning 😉

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the video: "Shake your ammo to prevent hangfires", I've never heard that before.

I could see it being useful in some odd/rare case where there is a cartridge that has a large internal volume but the powder is not enough to fill most of it? So the powder could "clump" forwards toward the bullet and then the primer ignition wouldn't reach it? But this all sounds really far fetched for any modern commercial cartridge.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm putting a team together...

1672509361984.png
0-650-condor-sentry-plate-carrier-multicam-black.jpg
286189-IMG-20221229-155641928.jpg

1095-k-yeti-R.jpg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could see it being useful in some odd/rare case where there is a cartridge that has a large internal volume but the powder is not enough to fill most of it? So the powder could "clump" forwards toward the bullet and then the primer ignition wouldn't reach it? But this all sounds really far fetched for any modern commercial cartridge.
Some reloaders would put that real light insulation like used to make blankets with over the powder in a light load in a big volume case to keep the powder near the primer. I haven't seen the video but, I bet that is what they are talking about when they say shake your ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom