The Bug Out Bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For someone who used to lug around an infant, a toddler, a four-year-old, and 2 diaper bags on a regular basis (Monday through Friday), 20 pounds doesn't seem like that much weight ... BUT throw in 20 additional years of rowdy living and one car accident, and I'd have to put wheels on that thing to get very far. :P

It IS a very good article though ... better than a lot I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see some additional things for my "bug in" bag.. Sometimes you have to consider hunkering down right where you are. For those adding the quick clot to your bag, read up on it or talk with some of the medics who have used it in combat, it can cause serious harm if misused. (Being burned by it beats bleeding to death though..) I've been in a situation where I had to carry a smaller version of the clotting agent due to medication I am currently on. I used a small quantity on a cut as per the doctor's direction and WOW! intense burning with just a small amount. Quite a chemical reaction there. Be sure the situation calls for its use, or the harm it does may be greater than the original wound.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only form of shelter he has is a 5x7 emergency tarp? My hammock gear(straps/steaks/etc) weighs around 1lb so it goes with me. Still looking for a decent size(12x10) lightweight tarp though. I have found some, but they are pricey($80-150)..... Right now I just have a run-of-the-mill hardware store 12x10 tarp. It's big and bulky, but I can lash it to the outside of my pack.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cloth painters tarps are available at Lowes and Home Depot. Treat them with some Thompsons water seal and they make an excellent shelter tarp, and the price is pretty good.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cloth painters tarps are available at Lowes and Home Depot. Treat them with some Thompsons water seal and they make an excellent shelter tarp, and the price is pretty good.

:shocked: What a good idea!! I have been trying to figure out a way to shade my rabbit hutches, but want something that won't block the breeze in the summer ... THIS might be what I'm looking for ... hmmmmmmm ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom