The Bug Out Bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, if you treat them with water seal, it blocks the air flow. They will work just fine as is for your purpose, or you can buy the expensive shade cloth like they put in the top of green houses in the summer time when the plastic comes off. Lowes sells it also.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was impressed by the chemical fire lesson. why antifreeze though why not just glycerin? I should have paid more attention in science class...

I haven't tried it with the antifreeze, and it looks like he got a good supply of the potassium permanganate. I'll have to look for that source. I just have a few one oz. bottles.

the mix he used was pretty good.

I'm guessing the antifreeze cause it is probably cheaper than straight glycerine.
A 6 oz bottle of plain glycerine runs about 5 bucks.
Isn't that about what a half gallon of antifreeze costs?

Plus, if you are using a BOB, it might be easier to get antifreeze from an "abandoned" car than to find glycerine.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was impressed by the chemical fire lesson. why antifreeze though why not just glycerin? I should have paid more attention in science class...

Holy Crap!!!

I decided to take a quick search for potassium permanganate.

I bought some from a lab supply house a few years back. Pretty sure it was over 10 bucks per oz (pure).

Found this stuff online. Looks to be the same as what is in the video.

http://www.water-softeners-filters....ng-2-lbs.php?gclid=CIOaoabAnb0CFRQV7Aod-TYA1g

2 POUNDS for 18 bucks (on sale) and only 7 bucks shipping.

With this much stuff, it would be easy to play "Mr. Science" for your kids and friends and still have plenty left over!!

Dave

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Crap!!!

I decided to take a quick search for potassium permanganate.

I bought some from a lab supply house a few years back. Pretty sure it was over 10 bucks per oz (pure).

Found this stuff online. Looks to be the same as what is in the video.

http://www.water-softeners-filters....ng-2-lbs.php?gclid=CIOaoabAnb0CFRQV7Aod-TYA1g

2 POUNDS for 18 bucks (on sale) and only 7 bucks shipping.

With this much stuff, it would be easy to play "Mr. Science" for your kids and friends and still have plenty left over!!

Dave

Dave did you see the 3 two pound containers for $44.95, looks like an opportunity for a group buy...

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what Dave wants to do, or if he wants to order his own. I'm in the Tuttle area, not half way by any means but closer to Dave than anyone else. I'll be glad to order and meet with folks from either side as necessary. Just let me know. Jim

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be more than glad to drive to Tuttle ... if you decide to buy, PM me your daddy and what I owe you and I'll get you a check in the mail ... no sense in making you wait on the $$$s ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom