The Holster Industry Makes Me Angry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theSaint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a lot of info on the net, the hardest part is getting your pattern and stiching layout. I've been down the box full of purchased holster route and didn't want to spend the money trying to find the "right one". The few I've made aren't show pieces but definately functional, with a secure fit and the can't and ride hidth I wanted. I'll post some better pics when I get back in town towards the end of the week.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been there... spent 3-4 hours at Dongs, who happens to have the largest holsters on hand to try out. tried on every Jframe holster that had in stock (being careful to put everything back exactly as I found it of course)....

still no no luck finding the right one until my buddy Al custom made one for me. unbelievable the quality difference between what I ended up with and all the production holsters I tried on.

I've been down the box full of purchased holster route and didn't want to spend the money trying to find the "right one". .

theSaint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres an IWB holster I put together in a couple hours, from pattern design to finshed product. The dye job turned out kinda funky, but its in my pants so who cares.
[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like a crossbreed to try, but I have been very happy carrying in Don Hume for years. And quit griping about not getting anything instantly if you're right handed! ;)

Ok, somebody tell me what makes a crossbreed better than a Don Hume? I've carried my Kahrs for several years now with the Don Hume, and never had an issue.
Somebody school me why the Crossbreed is better?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, somebody tell me what makes a crossbreed better than a Don Hume? I've carried my Kahrs for several years now with the Don Hume, and never had an issue.

I don't think the Crossbreed is better but, for me, it is more comfortable. I like the Don Hume but it is a little lump with the clip over the holster. It works better on my Kahr than the larger guns. The crossbreed, by spreading out the clips works well on everything I tried it on from a J frame or PM9 up to a P220 or 1911. I do not like Kydex but it is a good holster.

BTW, I got my Remora holsters a couple of days ago. They one for my J frame fit perfectly but the one for my Kahr K9 was a little large, so if anyone orders one, they need to review the fit chart closely. They work amazingly well and are very reasonably priced!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I own both, and have to say the Crossbreed is more comfortable and more concealable than the standard IWB Hume holsters. The CBs are very thin, and the adjustment range makes changing cant and ride height very easy.

I can conceal everything from an Officer size 1911 to a full size CZ and even chubby polymer frame guns.

Spreading the steel clips out makes it very stable and spreads the weight out. I just never felt like the Hume was going to stay in place. As always, YMMV, especially when it comes to holsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom