The impending economic collapse of America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the ACA affect your discretionary spending?

• Yes

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why didn't the Republicans come up with a greater idea for reform for healthcare instead of letting us get stuck with this one?

Short answer is because they didn't control the Senate. The Democrats were hell bent on getting this bill passed and jumped through hoops to do it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the effeciency of the IRS (and .gov in general?), how much you wanna bet that a lot of people with plans thru their employers will get "fined" the $95 bucks any way. How many of those people will actually fight it...or even notice the missing $95 when they get their tax returns? Even if they do decide to fight it, how many hours on the phone with the IRS is that going to take?

Our company insurance has gone up $140 / month. Then we receive a notice that we have "excessive" insurance (as determined by the ACA) and the IRS will be taxing us $120 / yr because of the value of excessive insurance.

Will this affect discretionary spending? ABSOLUTELY. Stock piling ammo is NOT a discretionary expenditure, it is MANDATORY.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will likely be offset by the larger number of people that had quasi-affordable coverage and a plan tailored to their needs who now have to buy a more expensive policy that has extra coverage they don't need.

The people who did not carry insurance before were largely those with severe and continuing health problems making health insurance unobtainable and those younger folks that are gambling that they won't need it. Why the hell they didn't just focus on subsidizing only the high risk, uninsurable citizens to a median level instead of subsidizing tens of millions more of regular folk is beyond me. Seems a much cheaper way to insure the uninsurable while letting people keep coverage that is more closely tailored to their needs.

IT IS ABOUT BUYNIG VOTES. Putting 15 million illegal aliens on the insurance roles and then making them voters.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our company insurance has gone up $140 / month. Then we receive a notice that we have "excessive" insurance (as determined by the ACA) and the IRS will be taxing us $120 / yr because of the value of excessive insurance.

Will this affect discretionary spending? ABSOLUTELY. Stock piling ammo is NOT a discretionary expenditure, it is MANDATORY.

Wow you are over insured and you are F'D for it. Death squads coming soon!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to pay extra because you don't buy the minimum level of coverage the .gov says you have to? You are actually taxed at a HIGHER rate because of having a higher level of coverage?

I would like to see more about this... can you post a copy of the letter you received, with names and personal info blacked out, of course. This seems really REALLY fishy to me.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to pay extra because you don't buy the minimum level of coverage the .gov says you have to? You are actually taxed at a HIGHER rate because of having a higher level of coverage?

I would like to see more about this... can you post a copy of the letter you received, with names and personal info blacked out, of course. This seems really REALLY fishy to me.

These are called the Cadillac plans by Obama.
Just one article. If you search you will find many.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3239488

It's called redistribution baby! The entire Obama scheme of ruling is structured to make people who have incomes pay and those without incomes to leach on those who do. It's not just Obamacare. It's EVERYTHING he is doing.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why the Republicans did not immediately declare ACA unconstitutional when Roberts ruled it WAS a tax, not what it was proposed to be. It should have been invalid at that time.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why the Republicans did not immediately declare ACA unconstitutional when Roberts ruled it WAS a tax, not what it was proposed to be. It should have been invalid at that time.

They were saying it was unconstitutional long before the supreme bought the Obama lie and declared it a tax. Unfortunately they do not have the power to rule it invalid. All they can do is try to defund, repeal, or change it. So far the Dems have blocked all efforts. The only semi-good news, the Dems are realizing that no matter how much they blame the Republicans, anything that happens to healthcare is now all their fault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom