The Landowner's Hunting Freedom Act (2012 SB 1743): Hunting with Suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bill passed the House Conference Committee 9-0. I think there is one final vote on the Senate floor and then off to the governor's desk for signature.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat down with Bryon from M3 last night. He said it should pass easily though the house and senate floor and the governor should sign it. He's been doing a lot of leg work with the reps to get this done. He even took a bunch of them out to H&H with my 30-06 Encore and showed them what a suppressed rifle sounds like. That is probably what has got this to where it's at. Opened a lot of the committee members' eyes.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF is with this amendment by Kouplen???

"By adding a new paragraph 3 to read as follows:

“3. Any person hunting with a suppressed firearm as described in paragraph 5 of subsection A of this section shall notify the game warden in the region prior to going into the field.”"

I'll wake up early every morning of the week to notify my warden that i'll be hunting with a suppressor that day for a month straight if this gets put in. I can't imagine the wardens want this in the bill. That's like calling my local PD every morning before I leave for work to notify them i'll be driving that day.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

“3. Any person hunting with a suppressed firearm as described in paragraph 5 of subsection A of this section shall notify the game warden in the region prior to going into the field.”"

I'll wake up early every morning of the week to notify my warden that i'll be hunting with a suppressor that day for a month straight if this gets put in. I can't imagine the wardens want this in the bill. That's like calling my local PD every morning before I leave for work to notify them i'll be driving that day.

As far as I know that did not make it in the bill.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The link to the bill that is making its way through the final votes is a few posts above this one. This amendment language was tabled and never even voted on to have the chance to become part of the bill.

The bill was not heard yesterday in the House so hopefully it will be heard today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom