The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, assuming some sort of disaster, zombie uprising, 50% or greater mortality pandemic, somethiing just short of global based nuclear war how long does anyone think water, gas, power, communication will last? More than likely at longest a week, as short as a few hours. The first day or so will be a nightmare. Personally I think the movies and TV shows are optimistic. Think of it this way, what happens when you take a tablet or phone away from a child, or send them to bed without dessert? We at best have 10 million adults, 325 million toddlers in our country.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, assuming some sort of disaster, zombie uprising, 50% or greater mortality pandemic, somethiing just short of global based nuclear war how long does anyone think water, gas, power, communication will last? More than likely at longest a week, as short as a few hours. The first day or so will be a nightmare. Personally I think the movies and TV shows are optimistic. Think of it this way, what happens when you take a tablet or phone away from a child, or send them to bed without dessert? We at best have 10 million adults, 325 million toddlers in our country.

Most of the adults are slow, toddlers are gonna be even slower. I have a good supply of Cure #1, a grinder and more spices than an Indian chef. Adults are for sausage, toddlers for special occasions when you want something reminiscent of a lamb chop.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just caught this thread in my inbox. Fascinating topic.
Do you have the means to get a DC powered mini fridge? There are ways to power it with a solar setup. This would help with keeping meds like insulin cool
Another great read is "One Second After" by William Forstchen
Read it, but haven't gotten to the sequels. Thanks.

Vince 1340

Marksman
Reaction score
Speaking of stockpiling meds, how would even go about it? Most life critical meds are only obtainable via doctor's prescription. So you walk into your doctor with a list of meds you will need and would like to have just in case and by the way I need a 2 maybe 3 year supply of. Watch the look on his face when you say it might be a good idea to have a couple hundred oxycontin and prozac in case of injury or panic attacks for your family. Even if you found a sympathetic doctor that understood what you are trying to do, by law he can only prescribe a small amount at a time. And this overlooks the notion that insurance is going to pay their part for this stockpile. It might cost you thousands of dollars for critical meds if you would be allowed to buy them and may have a way to preserve them in storage. Yeah you can buy all you want of over the counter pain meds and even buy some antibiotics at animal supply stores which is better than nothing, but it's not near enough for many people.
Reading though all these post an awfully lot of you are on medication! No offence but have some of you tried alternatives? Doctors and pharmacies won’t make money if they cure you? Just saying, my thoughts on Armageddon is go out on my balcony with a my trap and clays and blast them with my shotguns ,rifles and pistols while drinking my Jim beam and just wait for the flash ( I live 40 miles south east London U.K. ) if the flash doesn’t come then I’m in a hell of a lot of trouble with police! All the best to all.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥🇺🇸🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

Latest posts

Top Bottom