The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Irregardless of how much we enjoy prepping and planning for the ZA, how many of you would actually survive more than one or two months, should the bottom truly drop out? I have medical needs that would render me useless about a month after loss of meds and they are of a type I can't stockpile (some refrigerated). Best I can do is put my family in a position to survive after I'm gone. I know a lot of us here are in a similar situation, through age if nothing else. Does it change how you prep or why? Just curious after re reading the Black Tide Rising series by John Ringo, probably the best most realistic look at a ZA.
Got any good recipes?
Well most libtards are jerks, so…….

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those that know how to preserve meat that will last for long periods without refrigeration will be the first ones out in the woods securing the game while the city slickers are fighting over cats and dogs.
Fish will never be depleted and most likely game will suffer, but will come back.
Another consideration....look how many "deer hunters" can't fill a tag when they have feeders of corn & pellets, game cameras etc. How many will "bug out" carrying a tree stand? Far too many don't know how to really find game without the crutches city folks rely on due to lack of skill. How many right now will sit and stare at a bobber, never getting a bite all because they choose a fishing spot on comfort and easy access for themselves. They have no clue how to locate fish in different seasons.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another consideration....look how many "deer hunters" can't fill a tag when they have feeders of corn & pellets, game cameras etc. How many will "bug out" carrying a tree stand? Far too many don't know how to really find game without the crutches city folks rely on due to lack of skill. How many right now will sit and stare at a bobber, never getting a bite all because they choose a fishing spot on comfort and easy access for themselves. They have no clue how to locate fish in different seasons.
You only have to locate the people getting game…

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, Outdoorsmen can likely bring home a stringer of fish on each outing because they have been practicing their craft for a lifetime vs vegetating on the couch with a joystick in hand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only have to locate the people getting game…
Those that know how to hunt might just surprise you with the skills on how to not be located. If they can be successful in the woods against animals that have vastly superior hearing, vision, and hearing, they can certainly be successful against some city slicker bumbling aimlessly through the woods looking for anything to shoot. They won't last long.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m of the opinion that 95% of all deer hunters have no idea how to find a deer without feeders to draw them in. I’ve spent a lot of years sitting over feeders myself, but I proved this past season that I still have the skills to scout and kill deer with no feeders or cameras.
If the feces ever does hit the rotary oscillator, I’m afraid there’s going to be people shocked to discover there’s a lot more to deer hunting than camping out by a corn feeder.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best friend in Respiratory School started smoking next to last semester. Never have wanted to myself.

I worked in a hospital ER for 3 1/2 years, made me pro 2A (that is another story.) The people who appeared to smoke the most? Pulmonary Physicians and Respitory therapists!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m of the opinion that 95% of all deer hunters have no idea how to find a deer without feeders to draw them in. I’ve spent a lot of years sitting over feeders myself, but I proved this past season that I still have the skills scout and kill deer with no feeders or cameras.
If the feces ever does hit the rotary oscillator, I’m afraid there’s going to be people shocked to discover there’s a lot more to deer hunting than camping out by a corn feeder.
Exactly. Took a lot of deer early on with nothing but a 2X6 wedged into a tree limb as a seat over a trail or walking them up. It's a different ball game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom