The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say I expected Him to just give me anything but I'm quite certain He'll more than provide as long as I'm doing His will. Elijah was fed by ravens even when he wasn't in the Lords will I reckon I'll be just fine 😉
Over the ages, too many people have died while waiting (beseeching) their God to do something for them. I'm a firm believer in "The Lord helps those that help themselves".

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberalcanabilism?

I’m of the opinion that 95% of all deer hunters have no idea how to find a deer without feeders to draw them in. I’ve spent a lot of years sitting over feeders myself, but I proved this past season that I still have the skills to scout and kill deer with no feeders or cameras.
If the feces ever does hit the rotary oscillator, I’m afraid there’s going to be people shocked to discover there’s a lot more to deer hunting than camping out by a corn feeder.
I think that so many tend to forget how fast game just disappears like magic shortly after the season opens. Now add in an additional few thousand hunters/hunter wannabes stomping across the land looking for those now elusive game animals. Obtaining food is not going to be as easy as one thinks.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the discussion here reminds me of the short lived,but awesome show "Jericho", where a small Kansas town navigates the aftermath of a nuclear war that destroyed over 20 US cities. They had to deal with radiation, the feds, and each other. It got to the point that every small town had a militia, and some of them believed in the adage "The best defense is a good offense".

trailer

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides the obvious items like food water etc. some people never think about repair parts for their firearms. Get spare parts just in case.
Also another thing to consider is an air rifle, quiet,cheap to shoot and good for small game, I have one in 22 caliber and it has dispatched many squirrels rabbits opossum raccoons.
Pellets are cheap and you can stockpile it pretty cheap.
Small game will be the easiest to hunt for most folks and using a air rifle you can hunt quietly and no one will even know your hunting in a area.
Also think about getting some snare material(Thin Wire) for making snares. Snares can work 24-7.
Also think about getting some fishing yoyo's.(Set and check periodically)
Fishing supplies is another must have.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the discussion here reminds me of the short lived,but awesome show "Jericho", where a small Kansas town navigates the aftermath of a nuclear war that destroyed over 20 US cities. They had to deal with radiation, the feds, and each other. It got to the point that every small town had a militia, and some of them believed in the adage "The best defense is a good offense".

trailer
Jericho was good show, however don't drink the Iodine! Immerse your finger up to the first knuckle. Missing fingers? a 1 or 2 inch square of Iodine on your skin will suffice to load your thyroid with stable Iodine (non radioactive) to prevent thyroid cancer. Yup, I have said that before. Iodine is extremely useful to a prepper for a variety of reasons.

Re watched Jericho recently. The cities were nuked for more nefarious purposes. One of the few TV shows that leaned to the right of the political spectrum. Well worth the 2 seasons it aiired for. May be watched on Netflix last I checked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom