They may have caught Michael Vance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Multiple times is an understatement, I hope every hit hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching the heicopter video, and based upon the trooper's description of "Cemetery Road" 1 mile west of Butler, I think this is the intersection where the roadblock was set up: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7501679,-99.1963765,2753m/data=!3m1!1e3. It seems like they were headed south towards SH-33 and consequently the town of Butler, which might be why the OHP began taking extraordinary measures.
This makes the location of the final shootout somewhere in here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...981c1fe5cec8c235!8m2!3d35.705733!4d-99.204097

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all think of shooting through the windshield like the officer did? Is that a reasonable tactic in a situation like that?
I've never shot a windshield, let alone while driving, but my first thoughts are it would make the windshield harder to see through and the likely hood of hitting him would be small.
But I guess if you've got to try everything to stop a murderer on the loose that might be all you've got in the moment.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you all think of shooting through the windshield like the officer did? Is that a reasonable tactic in a situation like that?
I've never shot a windshield, let alone while driving, but my first thoughts are it would make the windshield harder to see through and the likely hood of hitting him would be small.
But I guess if you've got to try everything to stop a murderer on the loose that might be all you've got in the moment.
I spoke with an OHP Captain a couple months ago, he said he had had two shooting that month where the officer used his handgun through the windshield, and I remember at least one of those was while in pursuit. I get the impression now its fairly common, though with a high pressure round like 556, I wonder what is left of his eardrums.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Personally, with the totality of the circumstances I think it was reasonable. Minutes prior he had shot the sheriff before he had even gotten out of the car. I think with the total number of people hurt/dead and with low chance of collateral damage, his actions were acceptable. Not many "rules" when it's gotten that bad. But absolutely non-conventional!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfectly reasonable. There is training for that, and that officer definitely looked trained in using that method.

Sent from my Nokia 6100 using Tapatalk

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cdn2.newsok.biz_cache_r960_5a442a8dd19feea66e0aa696b9e191e2.jpg

Need to get that windshield wiper fixed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Him shooting through the windshield is perfectly fine IMO. Nobody around and when he's being shot at why the hell not? Watch the chopper video and you can see muzzle flashes coming out the back window of that truck. You can also see rounds hitting the road in front of his cruiser a few times. Those weren't his rounds.

If it were me I'd clamp a set of slim muffs on my dash or rifle to have ready.

EDIT: They played more video on the live news conference today. When he blew through that last roadblock there was more than one full auto going to town on him. How he made it as far as he did is mind blowing. The shooting through the windshield was after the road block fusillade. That truck has got to be shot all to hell and back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom