THINGS THAT HELPED HER SURVIVE HELENE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m hearing horror stories of lackluster rescue attempts. Never did trust FEMA. Further proof to not trust FEMA.

For those not wishing to click on the above posting to get more information, I copied the text there. It is a story of those willing to help in Florida in the past and the nonsense that they encountered. They did their best to overcome the FEMA nonsense. For those not wanting to read all of the details, FEMA preferred certain "vendors" providing supplies, possibly because FEMA officials were getting kickbacks.

From the story:

"If you are wondering why citizens are being turned away that are coming to help NC and TN - you'll want to hear my experience as someone who has been doing this as a private citizen for almost a decade.

I was able to get into, and out of Asheville. We brought food, water, fuel and other supplies as well as helped people affected by the floods, but there are reasons why they are not allowing outside help.

I cannot confirm the reasons why in NC, but i can tell you the reasons in other storms i have worked - i'll explain below.

Let me share with you the first disaster area that i finally realized that this was all about money.

In the FL Keys with Hurricane Irma, after Texas got hit with Harvey, we finished our efforts in Texas and were the first citizen team to make it to Key Largo.

The federal agencies had US1 shut down just South of Key Largo and wouldn't let anyone in or out, even though the road was okay to pass.

We explained to them that we had boats, Jet skis, food, water, chainsaws and fuel to bring these people.

They didn't care and wouldn't let us in.

It was night by that point, and you rarely saw the lights of vehicles in the distance on the individual keys, meaning the emergency response teams from FEMA weren't even working, it was all quiet.

We decided that we would go in anyways.

We filled up the boats and jet skis with all that we could reasonably carry and went by water, around all their BS blockades and around their law enforcement presence on the water.

It was 87 miles by water to get to our first stop, Cudjoe Key and Sugarloaf Key.

When we arrived there, we were greeted by a homeowner (for privacy, I won't name him, though we have video) who was elated to see us and all the supplies we brought, his house was in shambles.

We started offloading supplies on the shoreline and helping to get them into what was left of his house.

During that process, he explained to us that FEMA had set up a command center at a local high school on the island, but that they weren't doing anything to help the residents, not even bringing them WATER!

Instead, he explained that they were driving around using a loudspeaker, telling people to stay in their homes. They weren't even helping the homeowners with supplies.

I was skeptical at first while he was telling me all of this, but then he said something that broke my heart....

He told us that the people of the keys were all in despair, because they had just seen, weeks before, the overwhelming support for Texas with Hurricane Harvey, by the citizens of this country. He, and his neighbors on all of the keys, felt like Americans had forgotten about them completely, because at this point, FIVE DAYS after landfall, all they had seen was FEMA, and they were of NO HELP.

The residents were cut off from the outside world, no cellular, no internet, no way to contact anyone or hear of any efforts to try to help them.

The ONLY communication they had was from a local radio station on Sugarloaf Key, that was broadcasting on AM to the surrounding keys.

The man, after hearing that there were citizens trying to bring them help, but being refused entry by federal law enforcement was visibly upset. He, and his neighbors, really thought the country had abandoned them.

He insisted that we get into his waterlogged truck and that he would take us to that radio station so that we could go live on air, to tell the citizens trapped in the Keys that we, the American people, were there to help and that the government was trying to stop our efforts.

And that is exactly what we did.

After that, we were determined to help as many people as we could, but we were met with red tape throughout the whole process and time we were in the keys.

We finally we able to talk some authorities to let us down to the Faro Blanco Resort in Marathon towards the end of Boot Key. This was the same hotel where state and local authorities were staging their personnel and they were happy to see us.

I was able to coordinate several trucks full of supplies to be brought down to the EOC in Marathon. I was privy to the EOC meeting, BUT was informed in that meeting, that all of the semi-trucks full of food, water and hygiene supplies were to be turned around and not allowed to be offloaded for distribution by the EOC.

THE REASON they gave us, was that these donations were not from companies on their "preferred vendors list" and that they would not accept them or give them to the residents of the keys impacted by the storm.

It was at that point that I realized this is ALL ABOUT MONEY.

These 'preferred vendors" are getting part of the money being released by the state and federal govt for each disaster. In turn, some of the "vendors" make it on the list because a friend gets them on the list, and in return for getting ridiculously outlandish amounts of compensation for the services they render, they give kickbacks.

So, accepting outside donations, even though they are on location and can help people NOW, they would rather let people suffer so they can get their kickbacks.

This meeting solidified my resolve to help these people, regardless of what the greedy officials wanted, we were going to feed the lower keys that were being neglected.

I diverted ALL SEMI TRUCKS to the Faro Blanco Resort in Marathon and filled the entire first floor with pallets upon pallets of food, water and essential supplies and created a food pantry for residents to come and get anything, and however much they needed.

From local state troopers to the homeless, all were given wheel barrels and free reign to get anything they needed.

We also delivered supplies down to Big Pine Key. We helped establish the tent city on Big Pine Key. Big companies like Titos Vodka and Whelen just kept bringing trucks full of everything that was needed. When FEMA FINALLY started handing out boxes of canned goods (limited to one per household), we were filing cars full of food and supplies for people and pets.

There is so much more to the story in the Keys and further from there in other storms we worked- the common theme though, is that the federal government always tries to keep citizens from helping and the local authorities, the ones that live and work in the area are always happy to have outside help.

I call out to Elon Musk and anyone else who can monetarily help people like myself and those that work with me, who have the knowledge and the will to help those devastated by these disasters.

Help us sidestep the red tape and get the people the relief they need.

We are willing, and we are many, and we are ready."

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those not wishing to click on the above posting to get more information, I copied the text there. It is a story of those willing to help in Florida in the past and the nonsense that they encountered. They did their best to overcome the FEMA nonsense. For those not wanting to read all of the details, FEMA preferred certain "vendors" providing supplies, possibly because FEMA officials were getting kickbacks.

From the story:

"If you are wondering why citizens are being turned away that are coming to help NC and TN - you'll want to hear my experience as someone who has been doing this as a private citizen for almost a decade.

I was able to get into, and out of Asheville. We brought food, water, fuel and other supplies as well as helped people affected by the floods, but there are reasons why they are not allowing outside help.

I cannot confirm the reasons why in NC, but i can tell you the reasons in other storms i have worked - i'll explain below.

Let me share with you the first disaster area that i finally realized that this was all about money.

In the FL Keys with Hurricane Irma, after Texas got hit with Harvey, we finished our efforts in Texas and were the first citizen team to make it to Key Largo.

The federal agencies had US1 shut down just South of Key Largo and wouldn't let anyone in or out, even though the road was okay to pass.

We explained to them that we had boats, Jet skis, food, water, chainsaws and fuel to bring these people.

They didn't care and wouldn't let us in.

It was night by that point, and you rarely saw the lights of vehicles in the distance on the individual keys, meaning the emergency response teams from FEMA weren't even working, it was all quiet.

We decided that we would go in anyways.

We filled up the boats and jet skis with all that we could reasonably carry and went by water, around all their BS blockades and around their law enforcement presence on the water.

It was 87 miles by water to get to our first stop, Cudjoe Key and Sugarloaf Key.

When we arrived there, we were greeted by a homeowner (for privacy, I won't name him, though we have video) who was elated to see us and all the supplies we brought, his house was in shambles.

We started offloading supplies on the shoreline and helping to get them into what was left of his house.

During that process, he explained to us that FEMA had set up a command center at a local high school on the island, but that they weren't doing anything to help the residents, not even bringing them WATER!

Instead, he explained that they were driving around using a loudspeaker, telling people to stay in their homes. They weren't even helping the homeowners with supplies.

I was skeptical at first while he was telling me all of this, but then he said something that broke my heart....

He told us that the people of the keys were all in despair, because they had just seen, weeks before, the overwhelming support for Texas with Hurricane Harvey, by the citizens of this country. He, and his neighbors on all of the keys, felt like Americans had forgotten about them completely, because at this point, FIVE DAYS after landfall, all they had seen was FEMA, and they were of NO HELP.

The residents were cut off from the outside world, no cellular, no internet, no way to contact anyone or hear of any efforts to try to help them.

The ONLY communication they had was from a local radio station on Sugarloaf Key, that was broadcasting on AM to the surrounding keys.

The man, after hearing that there were citizens trying to bring them help, but being refused entry by federal law enforcement was visibly upset. He, and his neighbors, really thought the country had abandoned them.

He insisted that we get into his waterlogged truck and that he would take us to that radio station so that we could go live on air, to tell the citizens trapped in the Keys that we, the American people, were there to help and that the government was trying to stop our efforts.

And that is exactly what we did.

After that, we were determined to help as many people as we could, but we were met with red tape throughout the whole process and time we were in the keys.

We finally we able to talk some authorities to let us down to the Faro Blanco Resort in Marathon towards the end of Boot Key. This was the same hotel where state and local authorities were staging their personnel and they were happy to see us.

I was able to coordinate several trucks full of supplies to be brought down to the EOC in Marathon. I was privy to the EOC meeting, BUT was informed in that meeting, that all of the semi-trucks full of food, water and hygiene supplies were to be turned around and not allowed to be offloaded for distribution by the EOC.

THE REASON they gave us, was that these donations were not from companies on their "preferred vendors list" and that they would not accept them or give them to the residents of the keys impacted by the storm.

It was at that point that I realized this is ALL ABOUT MONEY.

These 'preferred vendors" are getting part of the money being released by the state and federal govt for each disaster. In turn, some of the "vendors" make it on the list because a friend gets them on the list, and in return for getting ridiculously outlandish amounts of compensation for the services they render, they give kickbacks.

So, accepting outside donations, even though they are on location and can help people NOW, they would rather let people suffer so they can get their kickbacks.

This meeting solidified my resolve to help these people, regardless of what the greedy officials wanted, we were going to feed the lower keys that were being neglected.

I diverted ALL SEMI TRUCKS to the Faro Blanco Resort in Marathon and filled the entire first floor with pallets upon pallets of food, water and essential supplies and created a food pantry for residents to come and get anything, and however much they needed.

From local state troopers to the homeless, all were given wheel barrels and free reign to get anything they needed.

We also delivered supplies down to Big Pine Key. We helped establish the tent city on Big Pine Key. Big companies like Titos Vodka and Whelen just kept bringing trucks full of everything that was needed. When FEMA FINALLY started handing out boxes of canned goods (limited to one per household), we were filing cars full of food and supplies for people and pets.

There is so much more to the story in the Keys and further from there in other storms we worked- the common theme though, is that the federal government always tries to keep citizens from helping and the local authorities, the ones that live and work in the area are always happy to have outside help.

I call out to Elon Musk and anyone else who can monetarily help people like myself and those that work with me, who have the knowledge and the will to help those devastated by these disasters.

Help us sidestep the red tape and get the people the relief they need.

We are willing, and we are many, and we are ready."
This isn't just a .fed problem. It filters down to state and local too. I had a sorta similar issue after the last big tornado in Moore. When disaster hits officials lose their mind, throw all laws, rules and norms aside and become straight up dictators.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a story on my FoX news feed of a private helicopter pilot that had a two seater see two stranded people. He left his co-pilot with the other stranded survivor while taking one to a shelter.
When landing he was informed by authorities that if he went back to recover the other person and his co-pilot, he would be arrested and jailed.
Of course he gave them the finger and proceeded to rescue them both. He wasn’t arrested.
Who in the Fawk would give that order?

POS Democrats. They want to hide this Disaster and the fact they spent all FEMAS money on illegal alien non citizens. Giving them 10Gs a month and want to give these American citizen Disaster victims a measly one time $750.

This is beyond infuriating. Basically, American citizens are being left to die. Trapped because of the bridges and roads being washed away. Threatening people to not help. Being tared and feathered would be too kind to these POS.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a story on my FoX news feed of a private helicopter pilot that had a two seater see two stranded people. He left his co-pilot with the other stranded survivor while taking one to a shelter.
When landing he was informed by authorities that if he went back to recover the other person and his co-pilot, he would be arrested and jailed.
Of course he gave them the finger and proceeded to rescue them both. He wasn’t arrested.
Who in the Fawk would give that order?
The power tripping authoritarian who threatened to arrest the trained and qualified pilot, then had the FAA issue a TFR for the area has been identified as Lake Lure, NC Assistant Fire Chief Chris Melton.

img_1759.jpeg

The husband who had to be left stranded on the mountain, climbed down himself. From there, he had to be rescued by the Michigan fire crew, who used a rope to get him across the raging river.

Less than 24 hours after their ordeal, incident commanders in the area requested civilian pilots to help with the rescue. The debris-ridden terrain prevented many large helicopters from landing.

Jordan returned to be part of the mission.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why aren't the house reps and senators of those states screaming at the top of their lungs for FEMA aid and more than $750 for just each HOUSEHOLD and those without property insurance. Guess their corporate overlords will not provide them with campaign donations if they say anything....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why aren't the house reps and senators of those states screaming at the top of their lungs for FEMA aid and more than $750 for just each HOUSEHOLD and those without property insurance. Guess their corporate overlords will not provide them with campaign donations if they say anything....
I bet they are if they are GOP. Do you think the media would want to cover that firestorm? If they are bluemancrew they know better than to draw attention to their party's incompetance.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to me these are the exact circumstances where citizen militias would be useful. When those convoys of food, water and critical supplies are rolling in, they should have someone with a pair of work gloves AND an AR riding shotgun. If "officials" try to deny them entry, then it's time for the militia to step in and say "NO."

That's what "Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!" is all about. :mad:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sen Duncan (NC) is fighting
His Fascist Book has posts of what is happening. There is a group of trolls, imbeciles and azzwipes that flood every post he makes with lies and Dumbasscrap propaganda. He is an extremely good, 2A supporting, hard working Republican, in the Vance mold that I would like to see as a VP candidate in a few years.

Dumbasscrap and FEMA help on the ground is total BS. NG or any goobermint relief would be all over the sNews media praising Spread Eagle for outstanding leadership in a crisis. Zero coverage says ZERO EFFORT.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This lady overheard the 4 FEMA execs at the airport and listen to what’s really going on!!🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 <a href="https://t.co/0pBAz2QzR6">pic.twitter.com/0pBAz2QzR6</a></p>&mdash; PammyWho 🇺🇸 (@Pammywho) <a href="">October 4, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Latest posts

Top Bottom