Useless Government Positions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are paying most of these people with our tax dollars to destroy us or reduce our freedoms. To quote Gozer the Gozerian, "the Traveller has come! Choose and perish!"

Every time more services are felt to be needed or bailouts, we are choosing our destructors.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing I don't understand from a politician's point of view- this bunch is such a small segment of voters, why so much support-- all I can figure is it goes with the chaos to take your mind away from the real damage they are doing.

“They” are consolidating power and making a near impenetrable fortress. Largesse at its finest in order to enter into every institution in order to overtake it.
This precludes the night of the long knives.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama's White House Staff (WHS) was just over 1,600. I haven't checked on Trump, but last year, OBiden's WHS was nearing 2,000! Want a measuring stick for comparison? John F Kennedy had a total WHS of... 65.

Historically, government growth is astounding. No governmental agency or working staff [read that carefully] shrank in size. Ever. And with one single exception (a 1930s public-works department) no bureaucracy since 1900 has ever had a "sunset" - ceased to exist - without being replaced with another one. Let that sink in...

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not just the fed but every form of gov down, they have to many employees in offices that do nothing but collect a paycheck. The little town i live in keeps cutting back on the public works workers trying to use the excuse of going all contract labor and increasing the employees at city hall that does nothing but sit on the phone with relatives all day if and when they show up, they have a two tier policies one for city hall and one for public works workers.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama's White House Staff (WHS) was just over 1,600. I haven't checked on Trump, but last year, OBiden's WHS was nearing 2,000! Want a measuring stick for comparison? John F Kennedy had a total WHS of... 65.

Historically, government growth is astounding. No governmental agency or working staff [read that carefully] shrank in size. Ever. And with one single exception (a 1930s public-works department) no bureaucracy since 1900 has ever had a "sunset" - ceased to exist - without being replaced with another one. Let that sink in...
IMG_2842.jpeg

Ever? It’s not sinking in….

Last edited:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bob, your point is valid - over those graphs' limited timelines.
My statement should've been clearer. Of course, the bureaucracies' personnel levels did not rise in a perfectly-straight line. They varied due to economic and leadership changes. But over a long-enough time, those variable numbers always rose. Regardless of the actual rate of (or variations in) the increase, those departments never shank back below their initial number of employees. They always grew from inception.
Make sense?

Latest posts

Top Bottom